Contribute
Register

Sierra on razer blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez that was dumb. The files should be correct now but I think this may be a hyperthreading issue. I set cpus=4 and the laptop is running smoothly. Anything over that causes boot to fail. I checked the activity monitor on my z97x-ud5h i7-4790k hackintosh and lo and behold it's using only 4 threads also. Question is is it using two cores with hyperthreading or just four cores without? Any, PM looks to be good and just need to turn off the discrete graphics to shut this fan up and save some juice. Attached my ioreg in case you may be able to provide more insight into the matter.

No need to set cpus explicitly (and it is probably the actual number of cores, not including hyperthread).

No need to set cpus explicitly (and it is probably the actual number of cores, not including hyperthread).

Can't figure out how to get around setting cpus. Works fine as it is now at cpus=4 but I'm pretty sure hyperthreading isn't working. I even went so far as to modify the bios to expose the advanced cpu options and disabled intel virtualization support and vt-d but still doesn't work without that param. Searched the forum and it appears many people are experiencing the same problem with sierra. I did not encounter this with el capitan.

Can't figure out how to get around setting cpus. Works fine as it is now at cpus=4 but I'm pretty sure hyperthreading isn't working. I even went so far as to modify the bios to expose the advanced cpu options and disabled intel virtualization support and vt-d but still doesn't work without that param. Searched the forum and it appears many people are experiencing the same problem with sierra. I did not encounter this with el capitan.

Did you implement power management?

Did you implement power management?

Yes. Confirmed working with intel power gadget. Using sysdef 17,1 which ssdtPRGen happily generated an ssdt.aml for my i7-6700HQ.

FYI, aside from this and a poorly functioning trackpad, the blade is pretty much 100% good to go. Working with the voodooi2c guys to see if they can help get the driver updated for the synpatic device.

Last edited:
Yes. Confirmed working with intel power gadget. Using sysdef 17,1 which ssdtPRGen happily generated an ssdt.aml for my i7-6700HQ.

Hmmm... no idea then.
But I'm pretty sure hyperthread processors are NOT included in the cpus number...
(cpus, I think, refers to the number of cores, not the number of logical processors).

how did you get the trackpad working?

how did you get the trackpad working?

Compile the latest source and make sure you change XDSM back to _DSM in your DSDT under TPD0.

Again, it's minimally functional and the cursor has a tendency to fly off on it's own but if you really need the trackpad it'll do.

Hmmm... no idea then.
But I'm pretty sure hyperthread processors are NOT included in the cpus number...
(cpus, I think, refers to the number of cores, not the number of logical processors).

Was able to boot without explicitly setting cpus by setting "Package C State Limit" to C9 in bios. Default was Auto. Setting to C10 also caused issues. There may be a bug in the current bios or ACPI implementation in this machine. Don't see why C10 should be a problem.

FYI, in order to change this setting you will need to unlock the advanced settings in the bios. Google for "razer blade unlock bios". Should be one of the top results. Be very careful when you flash the bios. There is always a chance you end up bricking your system.

Last edited:
does 2 finger scroll work on the trackpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back