Contribute
Register

Sierra on razer blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
RAZER BLADE 2016
CPU
Intel® Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6GHz / 3.5GHz)
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a razerbalde 2016 and I am trying to install sierra on it. I did everything that it said to do here, and I did not encounter any errors, however when I reboot my computer it is not a boot option. I loaded the defaults on my bios and disabled secure boot, however it still is not working. Thanks in advance!

Thanks, I don't have to have sierra, I would be just as happy with Yosemite, however Yosemite is no longer an option on the mac app store. Do you know how one would go about obtaining a copy of Yosemite? thanks again!

Also, is there any way to preserve my existing kubuntu and windows partitions?

When you say add a new drive do you mean add a new physical drive or just make another partition?

Also here it says that I should use another method not unibeast. I used unibeast to create my use be should I be using something different?

When you say add a new drive do you mean add a new physical drive or just make another partition?

Yes. 3 systems on one disk just making things complicated in future. Try keep the main sys on a separate disk. The time you spend on dealing with 3 systems is more valuable than a used real macbook.

Also here it says that I should use another method not unibeast. I used unibeast to create my use be should I be using something different?

if you using unibeast, you should be able to boot into clover GUI from USB. Otherwise, you bios setting is wrong.

Given I am using a laptop, would you suggest that I use a USB drive? Also what else do I need to do to my bios? Thanks again for you help!

Given I am using a laptop, would you suggest that I use a USB drive? Also what else do I need to do to my bios? Thanks again for you help!

don't know what step you are up to, but
- every reboot before have clover on HDD/SSD, you need to boot from USB
-if you just make a USB by using UniBeast, and don't see any boot option for the USB, then check bios/boot options for UEFI/legacy
-if you don't understand what i am talking about above, probably you should ask friends who know about basic of installing OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back