Contribute
Register

Sierra on razer blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, I mean the installation media. and the screen resolution is fullHD (1920x1080)

sorry, I mean the installation media.

You mean the USB installer?
The macOS installer has nothing to do with Linux.

and the screen resolution is fullHD (1920x1080)

It must be in your profile.
Also, I don't see where you attached 'lspci -nn' output from Linux Terminal...
Please read post #20.

@RehabMan I managed to get el capitan running fairly well on my late 2016 blade and wanted to try installing sierra but running into an issue I can't get past. It gets stuck at random spots within a few lines of the screenshot. I tested the same USB stick on another Skylake HD530 machine (GS63VR) and it boots fine. The USB stick was created following your clover guide and uses UEFI. I have successfully used your guide to create three other hackbooks. Don't know why this one is giving me so much trouble. I've attached all the relevant info.

You'll see that the NVMe class code hack is there also.

FYI, the ACPI path just happens to be the same one from your example so it wasn't just a copy and paste ;)

Thanks!

Attachments

• razer linux dump.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3412.JPG
    IMG_3412.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:
@RehabMan I managed to get el capitan running fairly well on my late 2016 blade and wanted to try installing sierra but running into an issue I can't get past. It gets stuck at random spots within a few lines of the screenshot. I tested the same USB stick on another Skylake HD530 machine (GS63VR) and it boots fine. The USB stick was created following your clover guide and uses UEFI. I have successfully used your guide to create three other hackbooks. Don't know why this one is giving me so much trouble. I've attached all the relevant info.

You'll see that the NVMe class code hack is there also.

FYI, the ACPI path just happens to be the same one from your example so it wasn't just a copy and paste ;)

Thanks!

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (guide does not call for them).
You will likely need SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
Make sure SATA is in AHCI mode.
You can try with cpus=1 (seems some people need it before implementing CPU PM).

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (guide does not call for them).
You will likely need SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
Make sure SATA is in AHCI mode.
You can try with cpus=1 (seems some people need it before implementing CPU PM).

Sweet it works! Installing now but everything seems to be taking 5x as long. Not complaining though. Will work on PM once I boot into Sierra. Thanks!

Sweet it works! Installing now but everything seems to be taking 5x as long. Not complaining though. Will work on PM once I boot into Sierra. Thanks!

Some have suggested forcing -xcpm also can be used instead of cpus=1. Not verified though.

Some have suggested forcing -xcpm also can be used instead of cpus=1. Not verified though.

Spent half the day trying to figure out how to not require cpus=1. I've configured native PM, extracted the DSDT and SSDT's and placed them in patched folder. Thought that would do it but without cpus=1, boot freezes right after:

HID: Legacy shim 2
000002.512236 IOUSBHostHIDDevice: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::InterruptRetry: resetting device due to IO failures

I'm unable to confirm if the PM config is working because DPCIManager is throwing a strange error when I try to view the P States monitor. Says something like "The system extension DPCIhc83r.kext is not compatible...". The name of the kext changes every time I click it. Is there a kext I need to install? I tried AppleIntelInfo.kext but that hosed my install and I had to boot into recovery to remove it.

Could use some assistance. Attached all relevant files (ioreg, kextstat, kextcache -u, patchmatic extract). Please let me know if there is any additional info you need. Thanks.

Update: Uploaded current clover folder

Update 2: Added USBInjectAll.kext and SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext but that did not seem to make a difference.

Update 3: Combo jack, wifi (2ghz and 5ghz), bluetooth, menu glitch fix, backlight controls working now.

Attachments

• razerbladeinfo.zip
    712.3 KB · Views: 81
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Spent half the day trying to figure out how to not require cpus=1. I've configured native PM, extracted the DSDT and SSDT's and placed them in patched folder. Thought that would do it but without cpus=1, boot freezes right after:

HID: Legacy shim 2
000002.512236 IOUSBHostHIDDevice: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::InterruptRetry: resetting device due to IO failures

I'm unable to confirm if the PM config is working because DPCIManager is throwing a strange error when I try to view the P States monitor. Says something like "The system extension DPCIhc83r.kext is not compatible...". The name of the kext changes every time I click it. Is there a kext I need to install? I tried AppleIntelInfo.kext but that hosed my install and I had to boot into recovery to remove it.

Could use some assistance. Attached all relevant files (ioreg, kextstat, kextcache -u, patchmatic extract). Please let me know if there is any additional info you need. Thanks.

Update: Uploaded current clover folder

Update 2: Added USBInjectAll.kext and SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext but that did not seem to make a difference.

Update 3: Combo jack, wifi (2ghz and 5ghz), bluetooth, menu glitch fix, backlight controls working now.

You have the wrong files in ACPI/patched. As per ACPI patching guide, dynamic SSDTs should never be placed there.

You have the wrong files in ACPI/patched. As per ACPI patching guide, dynamic SSDTs should never be placed there.

Jeez that was dumb. The files should be correct now but I think this may be a hyperthreading issue. I set cpus=4 and the laptop is running smoothly. Anything over that causes boot to fail. I checked the activity monitor on my z97x-ud5h i7-4790k hackintosh and lo and behold it's using only 4 threads also. Question is is it using two cores with hyperthreading or just four cores without? Any, PM looks to be good and just need to turn off the discrete graphics to shut this fan up and save some juice. Attached my ioreg in case you may be able to provide more insight into the matter.

Attachments

• hackbookpro_ioreg.ioreg
    8.6 MB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 12.53.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 12.53.37 AM.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back