Contribute
Register

Sierra on GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170N-Gaming 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I've got my Hackintosh up and running and it's nearly golden! Nearly everything works, except for unlocking the with my Apple Watch (it just said "turning on" but never actually turned on, only tried it once tho and it doesn't bother me if it doesn't work).

Running Sierra 10.12.2
Motherboard: Gigabyte z170n gaming 5
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Wifi/Bluetooth: bcm94352z

That's all the important stuff. I'm more than happy to shed some light on issues with components that I have.

Greetings,

I've got my Hackintosh up and running and it's nearly golden! Nearly everything works, except for unlocking the with my Apple Watch (it just said "turning on" but never actually turned on, only tried it once tho and it doesn't bother me if it doesn't work).

Running Sierra 10.12.2
Motherboard: Gigabyte z170n gaming 5
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Wifi/Bluetooth: bcm94352z

That's all the important stuff. I'm more than happy to shed some light on issues with components that I have.
I have literally same specs as yours. But I can't even load the web driver for my GTX 980 right now......Need help......

I have literally same specs as yours. But I can't even load the web driver for my GTX 980 right now......Need help......
So I'm on vacation right now, so unfortunately my hackintosh and it's config.plist file are back at home. From what I recall, I got the web driver's working by messing with the nvidia inject-stuff toggles in Clover Configurater.
Hopefully you can get it figured out before I get back, but if not I will be more than happy to help you out when I return!

Hello-

I have exact same mobo. I went with the buyer's guide and bought all "standard" parts and thing went well. For GPU I went with the EVA GeForce GT740 SC. Ethernet is working and I haven't test sound.

quick question regarding wifi: Since the onboard wifi and BT is not supported, I read that I can go with a TP-Link PCIe or the BCM94352Z. If my gpu is already using my PCIe slot, then how are people using the TP-Link? Is my only option the BCM94352Z since it's the M.2 Interface?

Maybe I'm missing something?

I have this motherboard, all setup and configured via bios and works fine on my pc everything is great but I cannot get it to sleep either. when I try and wake from sleep its a black screen no video, same motherboard but have 980 ti. whats everyone done to fix this?

SUCCESS!! Thank you to this forum. I have audio and wifi working. I figured out the whole M.2 thing. After trying to shove the BCM94352Z into the M.2 slot located underneath the mobo, I realized that I should be REPLACING the shipped wireless chip with this. Duh on me. So I replaced the onboard wifi/BT with the BCM94352Z and then followed the guides online. Much props to this blog, too.
https://rossfisher.me/2016/12/how-t...g-5ghz-patch-handoff-and-hotspot-macos-sierra

Also one word of caution from a hardware standpoint. I screwed the cooling fans onto the CPU too tight. This bent a few pins causing an unstable mobo. After getting this fixed, my son's mackintosh works wonderfully (so far).

I still need to do some fine tuning. My son wants a DVD drive so that will be the last piece of hardware going in.

I am getting the multiple boot options problem that's been discussed. Everything else seems to be running fine.

Bios: F5
CPU: i5-6600K
GPU: EVGA GT740 SC
wifi/BT: BCM94352Z

I saw that the F20 will solve this issue. I'm concerned that if I upgrade to F20, it will break my near-perfect Hackintosh. Can anyone confirm if F20 on the GA Z170N-Gaming 5 shouldn't break anything? Thanks for your help!

I am getting the multiple boot options problem that's been discussed. Everything else seems to be running fine.

Bios: F5
CPU: i5-6600K
GPU: EVGA GT740 SC
wifi/BT: BCM94352Z

I saw that the F20 will solve this issue. I'm concerned that if I upgrade to F20, it will break my near-perfect Hackintosh. Can anyone confirm if F20 on the GA Z170N-Gaming 5 shouldn't break anything? Thanks for your help!

I have only F20 board, so I don't know what happens during update, but if you update all necessary files before you update Bios, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back