1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I am trying to build a system with the following Components, but I am running into trouble ; )

ASRock Z270M Pro4 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Socket 1151 CPU w/Intel HD Graphics 630
Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (2x16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 2400MT/s (PC4-19200) Desktop Memory
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Uptown Cube Case mATX
Cooler Master CPU cooling
Tecnoware 650W Power Supply
Kingston 120GB M.2 Solid State Drive (System only)
Kingston SSDnow 256GB SATA3 SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive

Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.6

I have issues getting my 10.12.6 Sierra USB drive to boot; there is no way to let the Mobo loading the USB.
The system load the USB it starts and then freeze (Black screen with the apple logo without the progression bar).

@ the beginning I thought it was my USB card so I have created a new one but same results. So I decided to try the USB installer with another system and it loads the full installation.

Anyone out there has already installed sierra over asrock Z270m pro4?
Please can soeone help as I am struggling and I have no more solution to try.

Any suggestion would be strongly appreciated

Cheers
Franco

I have issues getting my 10.12.6 Sierra USB drive to boot; there is no way to let the Mobo loading the USB.
The system load the USB it starts and then freeze (Black screen with the apple logo without the progression bar).
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Hi BreBo,
I made a boot in verbose mode as pèer your suggestion and I enclose the screenshot of what I get

cheers
franco

Attachments

• verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 150
I have the same board and have successfully installed High Sierra 10.13.1 and I also recommend you to do so due to Kaby lake processor what you are using. High Sierra has native support for Kaby lake and it will be just much easier for you if you try to install High Sierra.

I can report that this board is functioning for me with some minor issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back