Contribute
Register

Sierra instal hangs up after Clover screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm trying to install sierra on my rig through this method, and when i boot up with the USB plugged in, i get the

Welcome to Clover 3766
--- scan entries ---

and then the clover boot menu.
My options are

External (Boot clover from EFI)
External (Boot Mac OSX from USB)
NTFS ( Boot windows from System reserved) (Ignore this I've just got another drive still plugged in)

Choosing the Boot from usb just gives me a black screen and nothing happens
Choosing boot clover from EFI gives me a flashing cursor on black screen.

Any idea whats happening?

Update. boot mac OS X from USB gives me the apple logo and a progress bar, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere

I'm having the same issue.
Gigabyte Z170X-Designare with only the 6700k CPU, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT and a blank Samsung 850 EVO installed (using onboard graphics, at the moment).

The progress bar never moves (tried different USB 3.0/2.0 ports and 3.0/2.0 sticks). -v flag indicates it hangs after trying to load AppleUSBLegacyRoot.

IMG_7990.JPG

No luck here.

I had missed the XHCI handoff setting in the BIOS -- it now progresses past Apple USBLegacyRoot, but hangs at AppleACPICPU

I have disabled both Legacy Storage Boot support and Legacy USB (one at a time, then both), with no effect.

IMG_7992.JPG

I wiped my install USB (Sandisk Extreme 3.0USB 64GB SDCZ80-064G) and ran Unibeast again. Using a rear panel USB 2.0 port (I was using a FP header USB 2.0 port before; not sure if it had an effect), the boot progressed past the hang to the installer.

Fingers crossed as I boot into Sierra…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back