Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

Show this:

EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled
BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

My codec is ALC887

Hey i just fix it
Yeah, I just fixed it also. Someone mentioned a method. Use tEFI Mounter v3 to mount another EFI, then click on it and unmount it. Then remount the proper EFI using EFI mounter v3 then run the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command script. Then reboot. It now all works, sound is back. Also the ability to play protected iTunes (video/audio) content is also restored on Sierra. In short everything now working :)

Last edited by a moderator:
MSI Z170A Gaming M7, ALC1150, Sierra 10.12.

Script ran and did its thing, rebooted and audio is working but I have to have my speakers on full volume to hear anything. Sound is really quiet.

Was working perfectly in El Capitan? Any ideas?

Yeah, I just fixed it also. Someone mentioned a method. Use tEFI Mounter v3 to mount another EFI, then click on it and unmount it. Then remount the proper EFI using EFI mounter v3 then run the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command script. Then reboot. It now all works, sound is back. Also the ability to play protected iTunes (video/audio) content is also restored on Sierra. In short everything now working :)

I manage all stepts, but when I run the command script I get an 'no audio codec detected' error and the script quits. Any ideas?

Hello,

anyone got digital 5.1 audio (encoded) working with alc892?
Or do we just need to be patient for support :beachball:

i have maximus v formula alc898 sound is not working, i did it with toleda script but with no luck, anyone can help?

thanks

Tells EFI partition not found.

I'm looking right at it. It's mounted and I'm looking at the clover folder. However the script can't find partition.

This is path returned for it

/Volumes/EFI\ 1/EFI/CLOVER

I think this script fails when there is more than one EFI. Only one of them actually has anything in it but there is also a windows 10 disk with it's own EFI stuff and a 3rd documents disk that also has an EFI that's empty.

EDIT

I was able to fix it and get it to work by modifying script to check right directory

Code:
if [ $gEFI = 0 ]; then

if [ -d '/Volumes/EFI 1/EFI/CLOVER' ]; then
        gCloverDirectory="/Volumes/EFI 1/EFI/CLOVER"
        gEFI=1
    fi

fi

I was also required to add quotes to gCloverDirectory to support the space. everything worked after this.

Last edited:
Could someone please Help? I used toleda's Script, which did it's thing, but for me sound only works on optical output of my ASUS Z170i Gaming. Under El Capitan there was no problem, but under sierra, only optical works after using this script.

Here is how my System/Audio looks:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-22 um 00.45.37.png Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-22 um 00.46.21.png

Back