Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3) with 16 Gb 1333Mhz DDR3
CPU
Sandy Bridge i5-2500K OC'd to 4.3 GhZ
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050ti /w 4Gb vram
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was trying to dual boot (should've studied a bit more) I disconnected my sierra SSD drive, (in fact disconnected all other HFS+ drives)made win bootdisk using GPT+UEFI, installed windows 10 on a dedicated SSD. Then I shut down, reconnected sierra drive back and this is where I probably went very wrong...I FORGOT TO DISCONNECT THE WINDOWS INSTALL USB. Now no matter what I do, it boots to windows (if drive is connected) or No boot disk, if drive is disconnected.

How do I restore Clover Bootloader, and get back my beloved osx back?

I was trying to dual boot (should've studied a bit more) I disconnected my sierra SSD drive, (in fact disconnected all other HFS+ drives)made win bootdisk using GPT+UEFI, installed windows 10 on a dedicated SSD. Then I shut down, reconnected sierra drive back and this is where I probably went very wrong...I FORGOT TO DISCONNECT THE WINDOWS INSTALL USB. Now no matter what I do, it boots to windows (if drive is connected) or No boot disk, if drive is disconnected.

How do I restore Clover Bootloader, and get back my beloved osx back?

Try removing all drives and boot (it should lead to bios screen) turn off, then connect OS X drive alone and boot. If it works then shut down and add the Windows drive. I have found that it want s to use the first boot file used on the machine until you clear them by removing drives. Hopefully you didn't lose or corrupt your clover bootloader, if so you can reinstall it using other Mac or Hackintosh.

Try removing all drives and boot (it should lead to bios screen) turn off, then connect OS X drive alone and boot. If it works then shut down and add the Windows drive. I have found that it want s to use the first boot file used on the machine until you clear them by removing drives. Hopefully you didn't lose or corrupt your clover bootloader, if so you can reinstall it using other Mac or Hackintosh.
Thanks, It would mean removing all entries in the uefi bios too. I have a nagging suspicion my bootloader is go

Thank you so much man...it worked. Would've treated u to a beer had we been in the same city. The moment after attach my win sad, after hooking up att the OS X drives, it straight away goes into windows without giving me a clover prompt. Have to figure that out, but for the time being so relieved to have my sierra back. Had to work on a fcpx project.

Thanks, It would mean removing all entries in the uefi bios too. I have a nagging suspicion my bootloader is go

Thank you so much man...it worked. Would've treated u to a beer had we been in the same city. The moment after attach my win sad, after hooking up att the OS X drives, it straight away goes into windows without giving me a clover prompt. Have to figure that out, but for the time being so relieved to have my sierra back. Had to work on a fcpx project.

In the clover boot screen menu you can use cursor arrows to navigate to the " terminal" looking tab the first tab on the bottom left. Hit enter, then hit space bar type in without quotes "bcfg boot dump" hit return. Then type. "Bcfg boot rm 00" hit enter, repeat until all boot options in bios are gone. The important ones will stay, but this is a way to get rid of the Windows boot which likes to override the clover. Remove the windows drive before hand, then reattach later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back