Contribute
Register

Sierra Booting Problem (Asus Deluxe-X99 / 5820K / EVGA GTX 970)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sage 10/G X299
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So far I am trying to fresh install MacOS Sierra 10.12. I have been getting an automatic reboot.

Components:
Asus Deluxe/3.1-X99 MOBO
Intel i7-5820k CPU
EVGA GTX 970

So far what I have done:

(X99-DELUXE BIOS 3402 with default settings and then allowed Other OS for UEFI)
1. Installed unibeast v7
2. Added Test2-2016.efi to your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
Pre Install - Step 4
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-guide-100-working.203769/#post-1340570
3. Boot Flags used
dart=0
nv_disable=1
npci=0x2000
-v

Currently I was able to get to the install mac window erased the desired drive and installed on it. Then it proceeded to automatically restart and I booted back into the Unibeast USB. When I tried to boot into the fresh install on hdd to finish the install it goes into the restart loop. Then I tried to go off the USB again and I can't even get that to load without a boot loop. I need help resolving this issue. It spits through the -v so fast I can't see what is causing the restart (possibly a kernel panic). Any recommendations on getting the info posted if someone doesn't have an immediate idea for a fix.
Put in EFI/CLOVER/Driver64UEFI EmuVariableUefi-64, it's mandatory with x99 deluxe mobo and try OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of test-2-2016.efi
I've the same mainboard but different cpu (5960X) and i'm running on Sierra since 1 weeks without problems.
Check kext patches you have in config.plist

Can you share your config.plist please? I am having troubles booting sierra on X99-S motherboard, strange crashes after I try to login

So far I am trying to fresh install MacOS Sierra 10.12. I have been getting an automatic reboot.

Components:
Asus Deluxe/3.1-X99 MOBO
Intel i7-5820k CPU
EVGA GTX 970

So far what I have done:

(X99-DELUXE BIOS 3402 with default settings and then allowed Other OS for UEFI)
1. Installed unibeast v7
2. Added Test2-2016.efi to your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
Pre Install - Step 4
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-guide-100-working.203769/#post-1340570
3. Boot Flags used
dart=0
nv_disable=1
npci=0x2000
-v

Currently I was able to get to the install mac window erased the desired drive and installed on it. Then it proceeded to automatically restart and I booted back into the Unibeast USB. When I tried to boot into the fresh install on hdd to finish the install it goes into the restart loop. Then I tried to go off the USB again and I can't even get that to load without a boot loop. I need help resolving this issue. It spits through the -v so fast I can't see what is causing the restart (possibly a kernel panic). Any recommendations on getting the info posted if someone doesn't have an immediate idea for a fix.

I had to use npci=0x3000 and checked USB Inject, and I have a similar system. I don't know if that will help you though, because I had to do that just to get the USB installer to start.

Can you share your config.plist please? I am having troubles booting sierra on X99-S motherboard, strange crashes after I try to login
Here it is...of course i removed SSDT params because they are related to my cpu...

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 324
Hi, i am on Asus x99-S with 5820K tried many different suggestions. cant install OS. USB-Stick boots up to Unibeast. I use -v -x and installation starts after some second installation hangs.....

-What Bios Versions do you use?
- Bios to optimized values and more changes?

---> Put in EFI/CLOVER/Driver64UEFI EmuVariableUefi-64, it's mandatory with x99 deluxe mobo and try OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efiinstead of test-2-2016.efi

where can i find "EmuVariableUefi-64" and "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi"

i am still on Yosemite. That installation was quite easy... First time use Clover and i have absolutely no idea... reading a lot confuses me more ;)

Any help would be really awsome
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back