Contribute
Register

Sierra 10.12.3 - Intel HD530 glitchy (even after trying standard fixes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170-A
CPU
Intel 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1060
So this is my first computer build (as well as hackintosh) and I can't get the Intel HD530 graphics to not be glitchy.
I have tried many different methods as well as combinations of said methods (listed below) for my build and most attempts just lead to a kernel panic/no change in graphics behavior. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My build:
- Intel 6700k
- Asus Z170-A
- BCM9432HBM
- GTX 1060
- Dell UltraSharp Monitor (2560x1440 @60hz)
- Corsair Dominator 2x16gb 3000Mhz RAM
- 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD

Other:
- Kexts: NullCPU, FakeSMC
- config.plist: the standard Multibeast 9 config (except with audio support for ALC892)
- System Definition: I've tried both 17,1 and 14,2 with no luck

Methods I've tried:
1. Using Multibeast (fixed audio, but graphics just leads to kernel panic) and/or using a newer version of clover (2.4)

2. Manual Changes to clover's config.plist by adding the IntelGFX (AAPL,GfxYTile) nonsense and using the following ig-platform-ids:
- 0x19120000
- 0x19120001
- 0x191B0000
- 0x19320000
- 0x19170000
- 0x19020000
about half of these lead to a kernel panic and half just don't provide any change

3. Changing the BIOS vRAM > 32mb (I've tried every number from 32mb to 512mb)
NOTE: I've used this in conjunction with the other methods and oddly enough it doesn't force my PC to turn off, suggesting that it prevents a kernel panic, but I have no way of verifying it working since my display just complains and says "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display." and doesn't show me anything. I can't seem to resolve that either.

@matt1484, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Are you connecting your display through DisplayPort? That's what I'd recommend for resolutions above 1080p.

Otherwise (-> HDMI), you'll need to do a framebuffer patch to unlock the full bandwidth on your HDMI port. Insufficient bandwidth could lead to the "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display." message.

Are you connecting your display through DisplayPort? That's what I'd recommend for resolutions above 1080p.

Otherwise (-> HDMI), you'll need to do a framebuffer patch to unlock the full bandwidth on your HDMI port. Insufficient bandwidth could lead to the "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display." message.
I don't have a display port cable but I try to borrow one from someone to see if that works. Only problem being is that I am going to buy another monitor and I only have one display port on my MOBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back