i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently purchased an iPad Pro and decided to make the jump to Catalina so I could take advantage of Sidecar. Been using Clover for years, but I heard some good things about OpenCore, so I decided to do a fresh instal on another SSD.

Install was easy; everything seems to be working great, aside from some USB issues that I plan to fix. I cannot, however, figure out sidecar - the one feature that made me upgrade in the first place.

I'm able to connect, but all I get on my iPad Pro is a black screen. I've seen some posts mention things about the T2 chip, iGPU vs dGPU, etc. I'm wondering if I need to change my SMBIOS to something else to get this to work. I'm currently running iMac17,1.

I'm running Mac OS 10.15.7. Computer specs: GA-Z170X-UD3, Skylake i7 6700K, Sapphire RX 580 8 GB, Fenvi T919 Wifi Card

Any help would be so appreciated. I've attached my EFI folder if anyone is curious.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
I've seen some posts mention things about the T2 chip, iGPU vs dGPU, etc. I'm wondering if I need to change my SMBIOS to something else to get this to work. I'm currently running iMac17,1.

@jdavidson,

Make sure you enable the IGPU and set the dGPU to the Primary adapter in your BIOS, you should also enable "IGPU Multi-Monitor mode" if the options exists in the BIOS.

Then make sure that you configure your IGPU with a "Headless" Platfrom-ID by setting device properties for it.
If your using Open Core than follow the advice in the "Device Properties" section :-

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 17.19.08.png

Of the Skylake chapter of the Open Core Install Guide :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hi @jaymonkey, I have the same issue.
My Hackintosh is:

- Gigabyte Gaming SLI
- Nvidia GeForce GT 740 XT
- I7/9700
- GC Titan Ridge 2.0

I have now Big Sur and Everything works really good. But I cannot configured the Device proprierties for my Computer to solve the Sidecar Ipad Blank Screen.

Can You help me?

here there is my Efi Folder

THANX A LOTTTTTT
Bye

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 112
OOOOOOO. I SOLVED FOLLOWING BETTER, THE DEVICE PROPIERTIES SETTINGS.

YUUUUHHHHHH

IT WORKS GREAT....

THANX

@jdavidson,

Make sure you enable the IGPU and set the dGPU to the Primary adapter in your BIOS, you should also enable "IGPU Multi-Monitor mode" if the options exists in the BIOS.

Then make sure that you configure your IGPU with a "Headless" Platfrom-ID by setting device properties for it.
If your using Open Core than follow the advice in the "Device Properties" section :-

View attachment 491456

Of the Skylake chapter of the Open Core Install Guide :-

Cheers
Jay

Hello Bro!
I'm having the same problem, I already have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth working with a fenvi fv-hb1200, I recently install macOS Big Sur using open core 6.5.

But I can't make work my sidecar properly, I can connect and even display buttons or interact (slowly) with the cursor/pencil, but the display is black or gray, never the screen.

IMG_0002.PNG

I tried to follow the "Device Properties" correct setup using the Coffe lake guide (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#deviceproperties) but I could'n understand what you mean with "Headless" Platfrom-ID or if i do it correctly:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-01-23 a la(s) 13.17.38.png

I'm using a Z390 designare, so it's Intel® UHD Graphics 630, Device ID0x3E98.

I tried to find IGPU or dGPU settings on BIOS, but failed, If you could help me "for dummyes" style I would appreciate it a lot, I'm not a native speaker neither a programmer.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 72
Ok, so I found the BIOS setting to activate the internal graphics, and now it's working!

IMG_5CE7EAB335E4-1.jpeg

Hi guis, I'm running Mac OS 10.15.7. Computer specs: Ga-z77x-ud5h, i7 3770k, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8 GB, Fenvi T919 Wifi Card, Multibeast 12.3, iMac 17.1
Ever since i installed my new fenvi board (10 days ago) i have been crazy to get the sidecar to work. But the only thing I had to do, as you have posted here, was to activate the igpu. Many thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back