Contribute
Register

Short Guide to install Mountain Lion on Asus G74SX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know any other kext for our bluetooth, sorry. I guess the easyest way to have a bluetooth working 100% is to avoid to install these kext, and just buy a bluetooth usb dongle.

Anyway, i was searching the other day on how to get usb 3.0 and sleep echoes and mic to work, i found this http://www.osx86.net/view/3209-asus_g74sx_alc269_applehda.kext.html , i patched those kexts and then i lost my sound, tried to patch all ur kexts again, and sound is still not working, can you please tell me which kexts to delete from s/l/e and which to re-install again ?

Update : nevemermind, just deleted your HDAenabler.kext, repaired, restarted and everything works now :D.

Thanks so much for your post for g74sx!

may I ask which exactly model are you using ? G74sx-?

and will the laptop perfect running Final Cut Pro 7 or X and adobe AE / premier ?

thanks so much for your time!!!

It will work on all g74sx models, the differences between models are in processor type which will only affect ssdt.aml, it's very important to put the exact ssdt.aml for ur version (mine is 2630QM 2.0 GHz), and one other difference is the VGA card, if u have the BBk-7 from ebay, then u have a GTX 560 2 GB VRAM not 3 GB, all other specs are the same.

Although this post is not full, u'll need blueooth kexts from here http://www.osx86.net/10-8-mountain-lion/19097-g74sx-tz391v-os-x-10-8-2-install-guide.html and don't use the sound kexts found here also which are (AppleHDA.kext and HDAenabler.kext) use sound kexts from the link i provided which are only (AppleHDA.kext and IOAudiofamily.kext).

One last thing is the Nvidia drivers which are found here http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html
PS. DON'T use the osx.net method, use this thread instead. After this you will a fully functional mountain lion 10.8.2 with working sleep,mic, and bluetooth which are not covered in this thread. Take a deep breath and do exactly what this thread says with the other things i mentioned, if something goes wrong you can always re-install it from the usb (i re-installed it like 10 times to understand everything).

And YES ! it can run final cut and every thing, this laptop is more powerful than any MBR offered from apple.
Happy installing. :)

Have you tested VGA and HDMI out? Or Quartz Composer? Curious to use the hackintosh for video stuff, thanx in adance! :)

yes, I'm using s27a750d connected through HDMI.

OmarMohi, you seem to have the G74SX install pretty well sussed. Maybe a new guide with a full kexts package? :D It'd be something good to look back on if ever you have to reinstall - I always seem to forget everything when a reinstall is due.

i will try it coz i didnt find G73jh kexts

my laptop won't boot after updating to os x 10.8.4 ... i'm booting now with my unibeast flash drive ... and can't find any solution for this problem on the forum so please help :) ... thanks

edit : i solved the problem by installing multibeast again .... because i have a double boot system "OS x mountain lion 10.8.4 + windows 7"
so i'm back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back