Motherboard
Asrock z77 Professional M
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA gtx 760 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
ok, unfortunately I have not so much time to write a detailed guide. Most of it would be as another good guide about g73sw. But I don't know the reason, that guide was deleted. I can't find it anymore. All the credits for finding kexts should go to those guys who contributed to it, but I can't remember their nicks :S

Also, consider that this installation was very stable to me. Lion was a pain, but Mountain Lion was surprisingly stable. But in the end I decided to uninstall it. So this is a contribution, for I received many private messages, but I have not it installed right now.

1st of all, if you have the 750gb HD you have to know that you won't be able to use chimera on that disk, and chameleon neither. There is some complicated way I think, but I don't know it. So or you find that complicated way, or you'll need to install chimera on a pendrive and boot through that. Or do like me: buy an extra hd. I took a 256gb crucial m4.

Anyway:

1) Install through unibeast. when you get unibeast screen, remember to boot with PCIRootUID=0, or you won't get to installation screen.
2) after installation, boot again from unibeast. can't remember if you have to use again PCIRootUID=0 or no... try both.
3) when you get in, copy the folder extra in my package inside your main HD. The SSDT.aml file inside is for 2670qm. if you have another cpu, find your own and replace it. If you want edit smsbios.plist with chameleon wizard to get your own serial number.
4) use any tool you like to install kext. I use kext wizard. as I said, these kexts were found by others. one of the guys was named ralf... can't remember. anyway, credits to them. I just changed the appleHDA found there. the one from those guys worked on all channels but external audio. external mic worked, internal mic worked, headphones as well, but no audio from speakers. the one I found have headphones, speakers and internal mic working, but not external mic. so, maybe it shoudl be edited to have everyting working, but unfortunately I have not time to study for this.
5) install from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=8 chimera 1.9.2. also last chimera will work, but for some bug, all bootloaders I tryed after chimera 1.9.2 will half your video memory. I tryed some recent chameleon, but is the same: with all other bootloaders I got video memory set to 1,5gb instead of 3gb. feel free to open a thread in chimera forum to let fix the bug, but for the moment stay with chimera 1.9.2
6) apply the patch in multibeast which enables opencl on cards with more than 2gb of ram. I can't remember if it is enough, but if opencl is still not enabled maybe you need to apply also this patch through terminal:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e '$c++ if s|\x8b\x87\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x06\x8b\x87\x20\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x02|\x31\xc0\xff\xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x06\x31\xc0\x89\x02\x90\x90\x90\x90|; END { unless ($c) { warn "No substitutions made\n"; $? =1 } }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

I think is all. if you want to give any tip to make this guide better, you'll be most welcome. I didn't try it with 10.8.1 or 10.8.2 . you'll have to experiment! good luck!

UPDATE 28-11-12
Ok, I found a mod for our BIOS which allows us to avoid the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext. You can find it here: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3115
The same guy posted other good kexts for audio: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3209
and a new DSDT. It is good if you have the gtx 560m with 2gb of ram. You can find it here: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3221. If, like me, you have the 3gb version, try the one I post today, which I patched to get 3gb vram. It should work with latest version of chimera, so no point to stay stick with v. 1.9.2
Last thing: I tryed a fresh install with unibeast with ML 10.8.2. All works fine. Also, I used directly the fakesmc kext and plugin inside multibeast instead of old one. If you want to upgrade this kext and plugin try to google how to delete previous version safely before to install the new one, if I remember you have to write down some code to be sure it is completely deleted before to install the new one. I may be wrong though.

Remember that actually the g74sx.zip file contains some kexts you could prefer to avoid, because of the updated version I linked up here. Also, remember if you patch Bios you dont need AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext, and you don't need the old DSDT as well. Maybe I'll soon make a new g74sx.zip with all updated content, but have not time right now :p

Attachments

• g74sx.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 983
  • 28-11-12-DSDT.aml.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 544
many thanks for your post is very useful.

there were other options for kext in the old thread I found. I'll try to check if I have them somewhere and post them. also, I'll post the other applehda they posted. maybe that will work for some people.

Sorry, help me please i am newbe in hakintosh and i am not able to get ML working on my G74SX.

I have used this guide, but i do not know how copy extra folder to my hd with unibeast, really i have also googled but without result.

Please help me, also i want know if this guide is good only for a new installation or i can use also for an upgrade.

Thank's

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I finally test your kexts. the only problem I had was that the internal microphone does not work

I googled and couldn't find the ssdt.aml for 2630qm, if u can send me a link i would be very thankful.

Sorry dude, but there was no ssdt for i7 2630qm, only for 2670qm and 27xxqm...

Sorry dude, but there was no ssdt for i7 2630qm, only for 2670qm and 27xxqm...

Look again. Download the .ZIP and extract the contents.

I am so close to a perfect install...

Hi all, I have been reading like a madman for weeks and this is my first attempt at reaching out for help. A fellow Asus G74Sx user here, BBK9 (Best Buy) model. Yet to figure out what hardware is different with this model from a standard one.

I have utilized all available kexts, and DSDTs, SSDTs etc. I could find, and now everything is working very well except for sleep resume and usb 3.0. When she goes to sleep, it's upward of almost 30s to reach sleep with the blinking power button, and upon resume the screen initializes then blacks out (backlight still on, mouse is visible.) then, backlight goes off then right back on, with the mouse, and funky graphics. that lil blip is tellin me the card gets lost in resume and then I can do anything but hard reset... almost there.

USB is a no go, I can't for the life of me find any info on reliable kexts for the fresco logic controller fl1009. I read somewhere, here if I remember but I can't find it, that there was native support for the fresco controller but only the two or 4 port one, not the single port mobo we have. Any of you G74Sx owners care to elaborate on your success with sleep or USB?

The one other missing feature for me is I have yet to have my backlight keyboard work on sleep resume... perhaps since my sleep resume is wonked. If any one else needs help with any other issues, I have ironed them all out and I can help ya out.

I am glad to be a part of this community, you all seem very knowledgeable and friendly! Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back