Contribute
Register

Short Guide to install Mountain Lion on Asus G74SX

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately I coudn't find the other kexts, and I have less time than before to make tests.. sorry

Thank you very much man, everything worked like a charm, except for bluetooth, do u have any kexts for this ?

thanks for the guide, i did everything but when it reboots they keyboard and mouse do not work, if i boot into safe mode they do?
Any ideas?

no idea about this mouse/keyboard problem.

anyway, I tryed a new install. and finally I found a new audio kext working 100%. I'll post all as I can.

1st post updated

thanks for the guide, i did everything but when it reboots they keyboard and mouse do not work, if i boot into safe mode they do?
Any ideas?

sorry for not keeping up to date on this, but did you find your fix? I know what's up.

After any update that has AppleACPIPS2Nub or ApplePS2Controller kexts in it will wipe out the custom ones for our system. When I started from the Apple Store's 10.8 Mountain Lion and updated to 10.8.2, my keyboard and mouse got wiped, too. Fortunately I found a nice easy command to backup your kexts before making updates (after I did the same thing you did!)

I noticed that when you do a vanilla install using multibeast and a proper dsdt, updates go very smoothly, except for things that specifically need custom kexts (audio, battery, ps2 stuff) but that's a given. once you find proper audio, battery and ps2 kexts, keep them in the folder /extra/putmeback or something clever. just remember it.

if/when you need your kexts back, boot single-user mode via -s flag. most likely your ps2 will work because the improper kext hasn't loaded yet. I always had keyboard support in -s mode even when it wouldn't work fully booted. even if -s mode is shot cuz you may have crazy appleintelcpupowermanagement kernel panics, you should have a chameleon-bootable usb stick to boot to -s mode!! always have a backup solution ;)

once there, try these neat commands to put your working kexts back:
cp -r /path/to/working/kexts /System/Library/Extensions

my command is:
cp -r /extra/putmeback /System/Library/Extensions

credit to Vinay from OSX86Basics for the easy command.

You can also fix your kexts inside a booted OS X, but I prefer working in -s mode because I hate swapping out kexts when the sys is loaded, I've had mixed results depending on what I am replacing.

sorry for not keeping up to date on this, but did you find your fix? I know what's up.

After any update that has AppleACPIPS2Nub or ApplePS2Controller kexts in it will wipe out the custom ones for our system. When I started from the Apple Store's 10.8 Mountain Lion and updated to 10.8.2, my keyboard and mouse got wiped, too. Fortunately I found a nice easy command to backup your kexts before making updates (after I did the same thing you did!)

I noticed that when you do a vanilla install using multibeast and a proper dsdt, updates go very smoothly, except for things that specifically need custom kexts (audio, battery, ps2 stuff) but that's a given. once you find proper audio, battery and ps2 kexts, keep them in the folder /extra/putmeback or something clever. just remember it.

if/when you need your kexts back, boot single-user mode via -s flag. most likely your ps2 will work because the improper kext hasn't loaded yet. I always had keyboard support in -s mode even when it wouldn't work fully booted. even if -s mode is shot cuz you may have crazy appleintelcpupowermanagement kernel panics, you should have a chameleon-bootable usb stick to boot to -s mode!! always have a backup solution ;)

once there, try these neat commands to put your working kexts back:
cp -r /path/to/working/kexts /System/Library/Extensions

my command is:
cp -r /extra/putmeback /System/Library/Extensions

credit to Vinay from OSX86Basics for the easy command.

You can also fix your kexts inside a booted OS X, but I prefer working in -s mode because I hate swapping out kexts when the sys is loaded, I've had mixed results depending on what I am replacing.

If you are using kernel cache, don't forget to trigger a kernel cache update:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Hey guys, I've followed the guide and all the other guides and I got ML up and running, however I cannot get sound to work. I've got the A1 if that makes a difference. I've tried multiple different kexts but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know if I'm missing something, or if I'm doing something wrong in trying to get the audio to work?

did you try also the new kexts I linked recently updating the 1st post?

guys, it was since a bit I didn't login osx on this computer. I just noticed that usb 3.0 is not working anymore in 10.8.2. anyone has a solution about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back