Contribute
Register

Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I didn't get the signing working.

Did you try adding the following to your config.plist (turn on dev mode)?

Code:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0</string>

Question is how do I find out whether it really is that my HDMI/miniDP is not recognized as being 4k compatible to know whether I have to patch it at all? Maybe the monitor is just not recognized correctly and I have to change this or it is something completely different.

I'm not sure but I would have expected 4k support without the need for any patching.

I can only get 2560 x 1440 @ 60 Hz working with HDMI and miniDP. I am wondering whether I can set some special options to get 4k working as well because this card supports 4k resolution according to the data sheet Gigabyte provided. (and the Samsung monitor does as well)

If you're using miniDP you should be able to get 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz (if your monitor supports it).

Did you try adding the following to your config.plist (turn on dev mode)?

Code:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>

I'm not sure but I would have expected 4k support without the need for any patching.

If you're using miniDP you should be able to get 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz (if your monitor supports it).

Yes, I did all this. Even with the new patch, I only see up to 2560 x 1440 @ 60 Hz even with Intel injection set to true and the GPU model reported as "Intel HD Graphics 5200". Also, I can't change it to 30 Hz like I need to have for HDMI 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz

Because I can set HDMI 1920x2160 @ 60 Hz in split screen mode via HDMI and miniDP, there should theoretically not be any issue to at lease be able to set 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz. Not sure why it does not work. Dual made with 2*1920x2160 @ 60 Hz working fine anyway. But what is bad in that mode is that it still feels like two desktops because you can't share only one background picture that centers across both half monitors, only one dock centering across both monitor halfs and you only have the menu bar at one monitor only. Last is most ugly because it makes the space to use for the menu bar very small if I scale both halfs individually to HiRES as I can either do via the changes I described some settings before so that HiRes is shown via the monitor system settings or via SwitchResX.

Hey people,

right now I´m installing Yosemite via Clover on my Brix Pro i7-4770r.
On a 2nd way I try to get it running via UniBeast...
...if you´re interested in, see here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...stalling-yosemite-brix-pro-gb-bxi7-4770r.html

But with Clover I get suck by
STEP 4: Post-Installation

at subpoint 5. Install Clover to Yosemite with the following Custom settings:

In Yosemite I tryed to open up Clover but it would not let me install Clover.
The window tells: >>"Clover_v2kr299.pkg" can´t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.<<

Do you have any ideas how to get this solved?

Kind regards
matzeslr

Hey people,

In Yosemite I tryed to open up Clover but it would not let me install Clover.
The window tells: >>"Clover_v2kr299.pkg" can´t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.<<

Seems the standard message for unsigned software? Does rightclick and "open" start it? Or change your system properties, security settings to "no restrictions"

Seems the standard message for unsigned software? Does rightclick and "open" start it? Or change your system properties, security settings to "no restrictions"

thanks that worked :)

Plz, can anyone of you make a detailed guide + download-files of how to get the Audio working in Yosemite (installed with Clover). Cause it is extremely confusing if there are so many different spots where you might find a solution and advices.

I tried this too:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/131974-brix-brix-pro-audio-realtek-alc269.html

But by now I had no success with it.
One challenge of it is, it´s confusing with all the short guidelines how to install everything if you have no clue what is hidden behind these short descriptions.

Maybe it might be great to open up a new thread and leave at this thread("Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover") a link to it.
I personally would be happy if the description in the new thread is with detailed and no shortened information of how to install everything for Brix using Clover an Yosemite so that at the end audio and everything else is working fine.

I would really write a thread like this, but by now, I had no full success with the installation.

headkaze, you had success with your I7-4770r (I use the same Brix(still had no success to the audio-story)).

...maybe can you or at least anyone else write this detailed report I am asking for?
You know, so that a newbie like me might get a chance to have success a little more easy.

Please, leave a comment down below if you open up a new thread, so that the others know it is already in process.

That would be really really awesome!!! :)

Kind regards
matzeslr

Plz, can anyone of you make a detailed guide + download-files of how to get the Audio working in Yosemite (installed with Clover).

1. Use Clover Configurator to mount your EFI partition
2. Open EFI/Clover/conflig.plist using a text editor (I recommend TextWrangler)

Paste this over the old AppleIntelFramebufferAzul section in KextsToPatch

Code:
<dict>                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AQUJAAAIAAAGAAAA</data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.10-Azul-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
            </dict>

3. Extract and copy SSD-1.aml from audio_ssdt-hdmi-nuc_hd5k-1_v2.zip to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml (NOTE: Rename SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml)
4. Download and install AppleHDA.kext from brix-applehda_v2.6.0-2.zip using DPCIManager
5. Repair Perms and Rebuild Cache in DPCIManager

You may also need to add the following dev mode boot argument to your config.plist

Code:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>

Reboot and you should now have Headphone, Digital Out and HDMI sound outputs.

Hi headkaze,

I followed your guideline. Thank you for that!!!
And did everything.
Unfortunately, audio is still not working.

With the program DPCIManager I rebuild the Cache and it showes me this:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-18 um 07.56.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-18 um 07.56.24.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 238
I attached my modified config.plist down below.
So if you like you can check it out if it matches to yours.

Sorry, picked the wrong one.
Here the right one:

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.3 KB · Views: 333
Hi headkaze,

I followed your guideline. Thank you for that!!!
And did everything.
Unfortunately, audio is still not working.

With the program DPCIManager I rebuild the Cache and it showes me this:

YES YES YES!!!!

I had to Restart one more time...

Now it works... headkaze YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! Awesome !!!!
Thank you many many times!

Yes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back