Contribute
Register

Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated to 10.10.1 today. All working find. I just had to use DPCIManager to install the sound kext again.

So my current summary is that the
GB-BXi7-4770R is a grate device to install 10.10.1 on and all I can find right now is that it at least does not support 4K with one monitor cable only for me. But because 2560 x 1440 @ 60 Hz is exactly what I would scale the text size to it is a minor issue and the Samsung monitor does a great job in scaling 2560 x 1440 to the monitor and it is much more sharp than a HD picture anyway.

So please share if one gets native 4k running. But even without it is a cool small device.

I updated to 10.10.1 today. All working find. I just had to use DPCIManager to install the sound kext again.
Yup, that's all I had to do. Is it just me or does KextBeast not work in Yosemite? I have been using DPCIManager also. Also is the kext-dev-mode=1 boot argument a requirement for Yosemite or not?
So please share if one gets native 4k running.
Unfortunately my plans for buying a 4K monitor have been put off until next year. I was looking at the Asus PB287Q which has 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz. What Samsung monitor do you have?

All right guys,

one last thing needs to be solved.

How did you generate the Serial Number by keeping the working "config.plist".
Plz, can you give one last time a detailed description + downloadfiles.

Thank you!

I already have read this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-he...age-guide.html

...but it did not completely answer the question.

How is everything working on it? Does sleep work? Is it pretty stable? Can someone do a quick review?

I might have to switch to yosemite from windows. I have the 4770r flavor of brix.

Thanks.

How is everything working on it? Does sleep work? Is it pretty stable? Can someone do a quick review?

I might have to switch to yosemite from windows. I have the 4770r flavor of brix.

Thanks.

Hi, well I can tell you, since I am using it only for a short period of time that Sleep-Mode is working. But for some reason if you leave it to long in this mode the Brix will turn off by it self. I experienced it by putting it in sleep-mode over night, and at the next morning it was off, also tried it a 2nd time and it was the same result. I don´t know what causes this problem, but if you reastart you wouldn´t get into Yosemite again. It begins to load the EFI then Yosemite and in general it would load OSX, but at that point it gets traped and reboots...

So the only chance I experienced how to get out of that trap is to plug in your USB, boot from there into the Yosemite-Installation-Window and run Disk Utility. Repair the rights of the SSD/HDD where you run Yosemite on and exit afterwards. Shut down the system, pull out the USB an reststart form the EFI-Partition as usual.

It should work by now again.

Hey peopel, I still need help with getting the Serial Number into the System... Can anyone help me please!

...for some reason if you leave it to long in this mode the Brix will turn off by it self...
I've never experienced anything like this. Do you have the latest BIOS?
Hey peopel, I still need help with getting the Serial Number into the System... Can anyone help me please!
Use Clover Configurator to mount your EFI partition and then use it to generate the SMBIOS section in your config.plist. Mine is based on a iMac14,1 configuration.

I've never experienced anything like this. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Use Clover Configurator to mount your EFI partition and then use it to generate the SMBIOS section in your config.plist. Mine is based on a iMac14,1 configuration.

HI headkaze,

yes, the thing is, I have no clue how to make the step out of Clover Configurator back into the system. Maybe can you describe (with screenshots), how to get the working config.plist into Clover Configurator ... the process how to create the Serial in C.Configurator is clear if you have read this long thread of iMessage:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-he...age-guide.html

...but the step form the Configurator outwards into the system, especially this isn´t clear.

To your question if I use the latest BIOS-version: I use BIOS-version F5. I believe this is the latest one.

If you like to try opening up the WiFi+Bluetooth thread one more time, I really would appreciate that ;-)... probably all the other members who might visit this Brix-Thread would be happy reading about it too. :)

Thank you one more time!

the thing is, I have no clue how to make the step out of Clover Configurator back into the system. Maybe can you describe (with screenshots), how to get the working config.plist into Clover Configurator

Backup your config.plist then use the one attached to this post. The reason is because the format has changed in newer versions of Clover and the one in the first post has some outdated data in it.

Once you mount your EFI partition in Clover Configurator you need to load the config.plist by clicking the Home icon and double clicking your config.plist (which should be located in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist). Once it's loaded you can then generate the SMBIOS data and simply save it back.

If you like to try opening up the WiFi+Bluetooth thread one more time, I really would appreciate that ;-)... probably all the other members who might visit this Brix-Thread would be happy reading about it too. :)

I will try to post it again with the Amazon link removed. I'm guessing it's been moderated because of it.

EDIT: I tried removing the Amazon link but the WiFi / Bluetooth post failed again ("it contains one or more words that require moderation"). This is the third time I've tried to post it and every time it disappears never to be seen again. I've tried to contact admin and moderators but to no avail. Not much else I can do I'm afraid unless a moderator contacts me and explains why the post is failing.

Attachments

• Brix_Yosemite_config.plist.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 172
Hi, thanks for the great post. I got my Brix working following your guide.
However, there is one problem. I have two 2K monitors. The monitor connected with the HDMI 1.4 cable can only get 1080P. The monitor connected to DP port is fine with 2K resolution.
I had a NUC before and I can get 2K on both screens.
Please help.

Just tried hooking up my MBP 13'' Late 2013 to the same HDMI cable and monitor and I can get 2K resolution on the monitor. It must be the problem with the config with the Brix. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back