Contribute
Register

Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardware is recognized fine, but when I ask it to find available BT things, it doesn't find anything.

I have the same problem. The only way I can get it to detect a device is to place it really close to the Brix.

Yes, I saw that. Sadly, my plist file on /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist doesn't load into clover configurator anymore

Attached is your config.plist fixed so it can open in CC.

I have my genuine Mac Mini hooked up to the same TV/monitor. HDMI/DP doesn't show up as an option on the Brix in the Output section. How did you install it? Which guide did you use?

May I suggest this guide using your current config.plist. It works for me and doesn't require you to run any shell script.

Attachments

• config_bhive01.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 7.01.54 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 7.01.54 pm.png
    67 KB · Views: 246
I have the same problem. The only way I can get it to detect a device is to place it really close to the Brix.
I read that, but assumed maybe it was because you had to hack a bit more for the Azurewave card to work. I still have that card, so if it ever gets easier I can switch back so I can get a USB port back.
Attached is your config.plist fixed so it can open in CC.
So I can learn, how did you "fix" it? What was wrong with it?
May I suggest this guide using your current config.plist. It works for me and doesn't require you to run any shell script.
This is my goal this afternoon. Will edit this when I get to it.
EDIT: SUCCESS! HDMI audio working when hooked up to my TV. Thanks for the detailed assistance.

So I can learn, how did you "fix" it? What was wrong with it?

I couldn't find anything specifically wrong in your config but it wouldn't open in CC. So I just copy and pasted your SMBIOS section into mine and removed the WiFi specific entries.

I couldn't find anything specifically wrong in your config but it wouldn't open in CC. So I just copy and pasted your SMBIOS section into mine and removed the WiFi specific entries.
I checked over the XML and couldn't find anything really broken so I have no idea. I replaced my "broken" plist with this new one and it seems to be working fine.

Clover Configurator Photo...
Shortlist.jpg
Looks like I'm short a couple from your list. The two AppleHDA ones are missing, but the audio checks out (headphones and HDMI, don't have optical receiver).

I guess I need to think about SMBIOS and iMessage stuff now. @HeadKaze, did you get yours working again? Where's a good starting point for that?
EDIT: followed the SMBIOS parts of this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html
I logged into iMessage/iCloud after verifying my SN was unique and new. iMessage booted up and linked with my account and phone, but I can't send iMessages. It just wants to send text messages through my phone. All of my iMessage-capable contacts come up initially as iMessage, but they all turned to "text message" shortly after selection.

The two AppleHDA ones are missing
The only patch you need for audio is "10.10-Azul-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI" along with the AppleHDA.kext from here. It enables Headphone, SPDIF/Optical and HDMI.

The only patch you need for audio is "10.10-Azul-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI" along with the AppleHDA.kext from here. It enables Headphone, SPDIF/Optical and HDMI.
Good to know. Better if it's simpler. I still can't get Messages to send iMessages. It can send texts via my phone and do FaceTime. I did not have my MBL and ROM set when I first signed in. I don't know if I need to start over or what, but I'm hoping not.
EDIT: Added MBL and ROM to RTVariables, rebooted, signed out/into Messages and it started working after about 30 minutes. Bitchin. Everything works now. Fantastic! Hopefully it stays that way for a while.

EDIT: Added MBL and ROM to RTVariables, rebooted, signed out/into Messages and it started working after about 30 minutes. Bitchin. Everything works now. Fantastic! Hopefully it stays that way for a while.
I was going to say you really need to use Clover Configurator to generate your SMBIOS values if you intend on getting iMessage working. That's why it's important your config opens in CC. For others at this stage please read the Updating the SMBIOS & OSX S/N - Clover Method guide.

Anyway congratulations on getting everything working :thumbup:

Hi guys! First post from me here.

I've been a Windows for ages, but the past two years I've been leaning more and more towards the fruit company. My laptop is replaced by a MBPr 13, i put a Mac Mini in my kid's room and my wife loves her 27 iMac, even though its a mid-2011 without SSD (ssssh..) So, I was going to replace my desktop for home/office@home use...and I though I'd stick to Windows, but after stumbling over this site I'm not so sure anymore. So, tomorrow I'm getting my Brix i7-4770 delivered, together with a Samsung EVO 850 SSD + 16GB ram. From what I've read here I should be good to go to install Yosemite on this hardware?

Any tips, tricks & hints I should be aware of, or should I download Clover, cross my fingers and hope for the best (after reading the last few pages here one more time, that is..)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back