Contribute
Register

Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello bhive01,

The GMYLE BT module seems to work, but like previously with the Azurewave card, it can't seem to see anything. It's not a big deal, I don't use BT a lot for now.

What's less ideal is that the audio isn't working at all. I tried to install the ALC269 "driver" using this.

I checked again and at least my "GMYLE (R) Micro USB Ultra-Mini 100 Meter Long Range Low Energy Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle" works well with an apple track pad and it even saw my Android Lolipop Phone in pairing mode (not sure what sense it makes but at least the Mac sees the phone).

Did you had more success with the sound output when using the "outdated" driver from headkaze instead of live patching?

Also, the other AppleHDA.kext and SSDT.aml you used from the begin of the thread might be from the 10.9 setup. Not sure how they changed over time. I think there was a later post describing whether the old files still work for 10.10 or there are others. At least I had no issues following the 10.10-updated instructions after finding the right boot values inside the BIOS.

Or maybe some Clover config.plist setting are still wrong?

I checked again and at least my "GMYLE (R) Micro USB Ultra-Mini 100 Meter Long Range Low Energy Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle" works well with an apple track pad and it even saw my Android Lolipop Phone in pairing mode (not sure what sense it makes but at least the Mac sees the phone).
I've tried a few times. The hardware is recognized fine, but when I ask it to find available BT things, it doesn't find anything. I know I got the 10 m one and not the 100 m one, but everything I'm asking it to find is in the same room (5 x 4 m) so I'm doing something wrong or the dongle is messed up.

Did you had more success with the sound output when using the "outdated" driver from headkaze instead of live patching?
Also, the other AppleHDA.kext and SSDT.aml you used from the begin of the thread might be from the 10.9 setup. Not sure how they changed over time. I think there was a later post describing whether the old files still work for 10.10 or there are others. At least I had no issues following the 10.10-updated instructions after finding the right boot values inside the BIOS.
Or maybe some Clover config.plist setting are still wrong?
I've had a really hard time with this. A lot of threads on here aren't up to date (I understand, things are moving so fast). I used HeadKaze's config.plist last time and it worked ok, but I think most things worked because I was using Multibeast. I should find that "old" driver and install it and see if that's more stable. I tried to get the HDMI working and now I'm back to no audio again. :(

Do you have any instructions or a plist to follow? Sounds like we're doing the same things. I know that HeadKaze's instructions are pretty specific to that Azurewave card.

I'm really looking forward to using this thing (so much more power!), but I kind of want to get things working relatively smoothly before I really commit to installing everything again. I installed nearly everything I wanted after multibeast and then things really started going bad after I attempted to get the BT working.

I bought a Sabrent USB audio card today. Supposedly it works OOB. I know it's less than ideal, but if it's one less thing to worry about, then awesome.

I've tried a few times. The hardware is recognized fine, but when I ask it to find available BT things, it doesn't find anything. I know I got the 10 m one and not the 100 m one, but everything I'm asking it to find is in the same room (5 x 4 m) so I'm doing something wrong or the dongle is messed up.

I can just share how my BT devise is recognized under Linux to check whether yours uses a different chipset.

Code:
#  lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
# sudo lshw -C communication
  *-usb:1                 
       description: Bluetooth wireless interface
       product: CSR8510 A10
       vendor: Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd
       physical id: 2
       bus info: usb@1:2
       version: 88.91
       capabilities: bluetooth usb-2.00
       configuration: driver=btusb maxpower=100mA speed=12Mbit/s

But because you say it was working before, I would guess that this might be about some driver patching / configuration thing you might have done that ways related to patching the WIFI/BT card that the BRIX is shipped with. Maybe you already did all that the shipped card is recognized well and you don't need this USB thing any more. Maybe there is a difference in where you plug it in. Don't use an external USB hub. Put it directly. Mine is on the back of the BRIX.

Just my thoughts.

BTW, I attached a screen shoot from Clover Configurator at the last post of page 15. Because I don't use this build in WIFI/BT4.0 card, yours should look similar to mine because it is working for me. Maybe you see some differences.

I uninstalled Trim Enabled and followed the instructions under "3rd Method (Clover only)" and it worked fine after a reboot as well.

That's the same one I'm using.

* And under [System Parameters]->[Inject Kexts] I set [Yes]
* And under [Boot] I set [dart=0] and [kext-dev-mode=1]

I have those same settings.

I can just share how my BT devise is recognized under Linux to check whether yours uses a different chipset.
Here is mine. I would say it's not the same at all.
Code:
[FONT=arial]ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lsusb[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 004 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 003 Device 002: ID 8087:8008 Intel Corp. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 007: ID 046d:c06a Logitech, Inc. USB Optical Mouse[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 006: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04d9:1919 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. 4-Port HUB[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 002: ID 13fe:3e00 Kingston Technology Company Inc. Flash Drive[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo lshw -C communication[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]  *-communication         [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       description: Communication controller[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       product: 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       vendor: Intel Corporation[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       physical id: 16[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       bus info: pci@0000:00:16.0[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       version: 04[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       width: 64 bits[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       clock: 33MHz[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       configuration: driver=mei_me latency=0[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]       resources: irq:31 memory:f7e1e000-f7e1e00f[/FONT]

But, that point is moot because it's actually working now. I turned on the BT on my phone and it popped up.
bt.jpg

BTW, I attached a screen shoot from Clover Configurator at the last post of page 15. Because I don't use this build in WIFI/BT4.0 card, yours should look similar to mine because it is working for me. Maybe you see some differences.
Yes, I saw that. Sadly, my plist file on /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist doesn't load into clover configurator anymore, despite being parsed during loading View attachment bootlog.log.txt. I even copied HeadKaze's plist and deleted the broadcom bits and it still doesn't load in CC. View attachment config.plist

CCblank.jpg
I'm guessing I've edited it wrong in some way that it's parsing while loading, but not parsing into CC.

Here is mine. I would say it's not the same at all.
Code:
[FONT=arial]ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lsusb[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 004 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 003 Device 002: ID 8087:8008 Intel Corp. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 007: ID 046d:c06a Logitech, Inc. USB Optical Mouse[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 006: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04d9:1919 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. 4-Port HUB[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 002: ID 13fe:3e00 Kingston Technology Company Inc. Flash Drive[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub[/FONT]

Is the "Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0" what is removed between plug in and out? Or which device is removed when using LSUSB?

Yes. It's the Broadcom BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0 device on Bus 001.
It's fine now though, so no worries.

I forgot to answer your other question too. I loaded the old HDA kext and the audio from the Realtek 269 is working again, but I'm still missing HDMI audio. I think I installed everything you mentioned for that, but I must have missed something. Any pointers?

but I'm still missing HDMI audio. I think I installed everything you mentioned for that, but I must have missed something. Any pointers?

Have you ever had it working? Maybe your monitor is not recognized to support HDMI Audio?

I have my genuine Mac Mini hooked up to the same TV/monitor. HDMI/DP doesn't show up as an option on the Brix in the Output section. How did you install it? Which guide did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back