Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I just ran the HDA permissions.command again (took it from your latest folder - 20160502) and sound through HDMI is back again? Why its working this time and it stopped is unknown.

I'll keep monitoring things and see if the sound through HDMI disappears again?

Thanks.

Hello

I just ran the HDA permissions.command again (took it from your latest folder - 20160502) and sound through HDMI is back again? Why its working this time and it stopped is unknown.

I'll keep monitoring things and see if the sound through HDMI disappears again?

Thanks.

According to the files you gave ... almost everything is in order (HDMI audio recognized with the right codec) except your config.plist which has been edited with CloverConfigurator (I guess) and which contains information mine doesn't.
You can set KernelAndKextPatches>AppleRTC=YES (auto detected by Clover if not present in config.plist, but if present it must be YES).
As far as I know HDMI audio doesn't rely on AppleHDA/ALC283 ... if running the script helps it might be because it rebuilds caches that contains AppleIntelFramebufferAzul ...

Hello

Thanks for the quick reply. My config.plist was edited by CloverConfigurator to allow the wait time to 0 - making it boot straight to the Mac rather than going through the clover selection screen.

I wonder if by making the change via CloverConfigurator, it upset the cache and rebuilding sorted it out?

You completely lost me on the KernalAndKextPatches bit? Am I missing that bit in my config.plist? or is it set incorrectly.

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 10.16.43.png

Is this where and how I would enter that?

Just learning :(

Last edited:
Yep that's it.

A golden rule on hack : when something does't work as expected even after the slightest change, rebuild caches and reboot twice.

I have no sound either, followed post 1 and getting error:
$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC283.kext

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: IOPCIDevice::metaClass

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: IOACPIPlatformDevice::metaClass

Link failed (error code 5).

Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Any idea?

I patched Info.plist:

Code:
--- /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext/Contents/Info.plist.orig    2016-02-12 06:43:46.000000000 -0600
+++ /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext/Contents/Info.plist    2016-04-25 21:18:06.000000000 -0500
@@ -123,6 +123,8 @@
         <string>1.7.2a1</string>
         <key>com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib</key>
         <string>1.5.2a1</string>
+        <key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>
+        <string>1.2.0a1</string>
         <key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key>
         <string>200.5</string>
         <key>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</key>
@@ -131,6 +133,8 @@
         <string>265.88</string>
         <key>com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport</key>
         <string>2.0</string>
+        <key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
+        <string>1.1</string>
         <key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
         <string>8.0.0</string>
         <key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

The Dreamer

still other issues post 10.11.4 that I'm trying to figure out still.... :( Hmm, just spotted 5/02 update....though not sure if my USB3 issue is from 10.11.4 or upgrading CLOVER with 2015.11.01 to 2016.02.12....or both.

Last edited:
I patched Info.plist:

Code:
--- /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext/Contents/Info.plist.orig    2016-02-12 06:43:46.000000000 -0600
+++ /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext/Contents/Info.plist    2016-04-25 21:18:06.000000000 -0500
@@ -123,6 +123,8 @@
         <string>1.7.2a1</string>
         <key>com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib</key>
         <string>1.5.2a1</string>
+        <key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>
+        <string>1.2.0a1</string>
         <key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key>
         <string>200.5</string>
         <key>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</key>
@@ -131,6 +133,8 @@
         <string>265.88</string>
         <key>com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport</key>
         <string>2.0</string>
+        <key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
+        <string>1.1</string>
         <key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
         <string>8.0.0</string>
         <key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

The Dreamer

still other issues post 10.11.4 that I'm trying to figure out still.... :( Hmm, just spotted 5/02 update....though not sure if my USB3 issue is from 10.11.4 or upgrading CLOVER with 2015.11.01 to 2016.02.12....or both.
Your modification seems to be ok ... Just run the script and reboot twice to make sure caches are updated.

I updated the files of post#1 to make it easier : just choose one of the two kexts and copy it in SLE, then run the script and reboot twice ... it should be ok.

Tell please, after use of the utility of iMessageDebug, my "mac mini" is defined as "mac pro".
In clover config "mac mini" is specified.
Whether it is possible to correct it?

In report attached to your latest post it was still MacMini ? Did you update Clover ?

Thanks for the guide.
I followed everything word for word yet I see weird graphics on screen. Such as when I go on the dashboard I can see black lines across the screen in the background etc like a flickering sort of thing , something you would see on an old television. Also whenever I put the nuc to sleep , the power button blinks but if I try to wake it up it does not wake up. It does not come back on the monitor. Please help me with this, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back