Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick reply

I'll give it a go tonight.

If it is because I am using a MacBook to get the installer then I'm a bit stuck - no other Macs available

Hello again

About to completely give up. Went literally by the numbers from the first post and now does not boot at all:

Formatted USB (16GB) stick

Used the terminal code to install the media

Installed Clover v3320 and selected exactly the same settings as shown: UEFI Booting only, Install Clover in ESP, Drivers - only selected OSxAptioFixDrv-64, RC Scripts

Copied over the 2015 11 01 New config.plist folder to the Clover folder on the EFI partitoin of the USB

BIOS - all reset to defaults, Enabled both UEFI and Legacy Boot, Disabled VT-d in security, Changed Video Memory to 128, Boot USB first.

Started the NUC and selected the OS drive from Clover (the only one that was there), ran in verbose mode and this is the result. Got a new screen, that then rebooted after a few seconds, and then just kept going around in a loop? Sorry about the image, had very little time to try and catch it.

Just about give up

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 103
Hi Sebinouse..

I did a fresh install with 10.11.4 via your post in #1
Everything is working with the exception of Audio.
When I run the script it gives me an error of Prelink failure on com.apple.driver.AppleHDA.
Please refer to attached picture..

Hope you can help me out...

Regards

Bd4utonite2

See #post522 for new AppleHDA patch ... several things have changed with 10.10.4 ! (I will update #post1)

Hello again

About to completely give up. Went literally by the numbers from the first post and now does not boot at all:

Formatted USB (16GB) stick

Used the terminal code to install the media

Installed Clover v3320 and selected exactly the same settings as shown: UEFI Booting only, Install Clover in ESP, Drivers - only selected OSxAptioFixDrv-64, RC Scripts

Copied over the 2015 11 01 New config.plist folder to the Clover folder on the EFI partitoin of the USB

BIOS - all reset to defaults, Enabled both UEFI and Legacy Boot, Disabled VT-d in security, Changed Video Memory to 128, Boot USB first.

Started the NUC and selected the OS drive from Clover (the only one that was there), ran in verbose mode and this is the result. Got a new screen, that then rebooted after a few seconds, and then just kept going around in a loop? Sorry about the image, had very little time to try and catch it.

Just about give up

Now you have different error ... Clover is no longer able to boot OSX.

First you can use 2016 02 12 package, any improvements fro previous packages are included.
Second you have to customize this package :
- remove SSDT-WIFI.aml
- remove FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
- remove Patches about BCM4352HMB in config.plist with PlistEditPro
- enter a serial number in the same file.

After that can you share your files ?

Hello

Thanks for the update - I've copied over the files from the 2016 folder instead and removed

SSDT-WIFI.aml, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFI.kext

Ive downloaded PlistEditPro to remove the bits about BCM4352HMB but don't know which config.plist to look at as there are a few on the EFI Partition.

I have found one that makes reference to BCM94352, but none with the file ref you gave?

Also, what serial number?

Sorry to be a complete pain - Totally new to this.

Thanks.

Hello

Thanks for the update - I've copied over the files from the 2016 folder instead and removed

SSDT-WIFI.aml, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFI.kext

Ive downloaded PlistEditPro to remove the bits about BCM4352HMB but don't know which config.plist to look at as there are a few on the EFI Partition.

I have found one that makes reference to BCM94352, but none with the file ref you gave?

Also, what serial number?

Sorry to be a complete pain - Totally new to this.

Thanks.

try this (all modifications already made)

Hi Sebinouse..

What am I suppose to do with AppleHDA_ALC283_out.kext ??
Delete the ALC283 from your 2016 download that i put in S/L/E and add the above to S/L/E and execute the command again?

Regards

bd4utonite2

See #post522 for new AppleHDA patch ... several things have changed with 10.10.4 ! (I will update #post1)

Hello Sebinouse

Set up my USB again using the files you sent. Some good news, I am now getting further past the constant rebooting and back to the list of what is happening. Once again though, as soon as the screen goes back to the apple logo and progress bar - nothing. Left it for a good 30-45 mins at this point and nothing changed.

I managed to get the El Capitan installer from a colleague that has a new Mac Mini, so used that to build the USB, but not getting to the point of being able to actually install it.

I have enclosed all the screen shots with all the information on them.

Once again, really appreciate all that you are doing. Don't know how you have the time or patience.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    851.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 04.jpg