Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have Atheros AR9285 wifi card.

What should i change to get it work?

Read #362 of rehabman

I followed that recommendations on a clean install of 10.11.3 with clover 3346 build
FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for Airport branding.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext for bluetooth firmware load/personality inject.
Clover patch required for 5ghz.
Clover patch required for handoff.

I removed form kextstopatch in config.plist all entry Brcm related except 5 GHz and Handoff (was two entry to remove from what Sebinouse give us as recomadated)

and the end result was the same no 5 GHz and on wifi in System Information at Card Type I have Third-Party Wireless Card. On the other hand bluetooth seems more responsive. In the end after enable-disable wifi, restart, shutdown, boot up, repair permissions, rebuild cache and in the end clean my mac app and a restart 5GHz it is ON, and Country Code is that I was inserted in config.plist and all seems to be OK now.

So my conclusion on this matter,.... it is a cache related thing.

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in EFI/...10.11/
SSDT-4.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
and
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext from release
in in EFI/...10.11/

and result was no 5 GHz, in the end I put in EFI/..../kexts/10.11/
BrcmFirmwareData.kext

I tinkered with config.plist on BCM94352 5 GHz from KextToPatch (changed from US to GB to FR) and in the end I got that 5 GHz frequency, no more XT in country code or "Third Party Adapter".
So I do not know what triggered that change, one kext from kexts/10.11/, me changing Country Code.
What bother me is not be able to make clean install with 5 GHz on it, it seems I alway need to thinker with kexts and Country codes in config.plist to get this frequency working.

I do get something curios in the end with this wifi card, on 2.4 GHz with 802.11.n router at 2 meters from it I get only 144 Mbps, and on 5 GHz on 450 Mbps possible connection I get only 300 Mbps, but here is a some distance.

So this is my experience till now with this card.

My magic mouse still have weird comportment sometimes, especially when a copy instance is involved or an install that involve a big copy operation. Sun after that operation is ended mouse begin to be normal in comportment, almost like a wired mouse. :)

my config now is that from attachmentView attachment 175424

I noticed two things:

1. Your BrcmPatchRAM2.kext is bigger than BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0201.zip, on my config I use yours but I do not know what is more OK to use.
2. My SSDT-3.aml (from your zip) is smaller than yours (Sebinouse_20151101.zip), again what is different, apart the size :).
The config quoted above is almost right : you still have to remove SSDT-4.aml if you use FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext & FakePCIID.kext (which is the config I use from now on).

For Wifi speed and laggy mouse : make sure your antennas are correctly plugged in, you may consider external ones (or at least a third one).

1. I think Rehabman separated BT injection and BT firmware after I created this guide. That's why I have only one bigger kext.
2. no clue

Hey Sebinouse, thanks again for all the help, I really don't know how to express my gratitude. After playing with the monitor, it seems the opposite is true for the Dell - I have to disable DP1.2 and force it to use DP1.1a, and that fixed the crashing issue. I'm now happily running at 3440x1440@60Hz through the DP port!

You're welcome : in fact you have the biggest resolution at 60Hz ... congrats !

i have Atheros AR9285 wifi card.
What should i change to get it work?
Even if you own a NUC, this is off topic.
Consider remove SSDT-4.aml and Bcrm94352 instances in config.plist. Refer to Toleda's guide for further support.

Sebinouse, thank you for you help.
In the end I make it to work on clean install with above recommendation ,
FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for Airport branding.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext for bluetooth firmware load/personality inject.
Clover patch required for 5ghz.
Clover patch required for handoff.

and as solution for my "no 5 GHz" after clean install I found if I repair permisions on extensions and rebuild cache with kext wizard app , after restart I have 5 GHz and right country code.

I hope this info to help others also.:thumbup:

I tried to restart from scratch on audio.
Can you try this new configuration :

Remove previous AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/
Copy original AppleHDA.kext (10.11.3 post#188) + AppleHDA_ALC283.kext in /S/L/E
rebuilt caches
reboot twice

Attachments

• AppleHDA_ALC283.kext.zip
    39.5 KB · Views: 129
I tried to restart from scratch on audio.
Can you try this new configuration :

Remove previous AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/
Copy original AppleHDA.kext (10.11.3 post#188) + AppleHDA_ALC283.kext in /S/L/E
rebuilt caches
reboot twice

Yes I will test and report back:D

Sebinouse you are the MAN.

On my tests sound doesn't loose in quality no matter what I do on Sound from System Preferences like before. I also test what happen after sleep and is also OK.

In the afternoon I will test audio over HDMI to see if is OK (now I do not have access to an monitor with HDMI input).

I look at kext loaded and I do not noticed AppleHDA_ALC283.kext to be loaded, but when I look inside I got my answer, you somehow made a link to original AppleHDA.kext for CodecCommander.kext to apply his patch, and that bring my question CodecCommander.kext from EFI/..../10.11, do we need him or not now that we have it in that kext made by you.

Almost forgot to tell you I made my test on clean install (10.11.3 and clover 3346), after first restart sound was popping at boot time but wireless was not OK, I made a new repair permissions and rebuild cache then restart, again wireless was not OK, again repair permissions and rebuild cache and after another restart finally I got wifi correct with 5 GHz.
I seems it take a while (few commands) for mac os x to clear cache.

You are the MAN. :clap:
View attachment extensions.tiff, View attachment kext non apple loaded.tiff

Did you test the MIC ? ... mine shows up but doesn't work !

HDMI will work ... it's not related to AppleHDA

Did you test the MIC ? ... mine shows up but doesn't work !

HDMI will work ... it's not related to AppleHDA
This is what I found, on fresh start when I insert my phone headsets with mic on input from sound Internal Microphone transform in Line in, but if I try a second time this doesn't happen anymore. On first time mic work OK , I made a sound recording test on Quick Time Player an is OK.So if is a problem is with reset (reinitialization) of the input on a second insertion of the mic in 3.5 mm jack.
I manage to reproduce two times same behavior.
View attachment linein instead headphones.tiff

1. Found a bug: after sleep - ethernet is not working, needs to reboot NUC
2. i have not Atheros 9285, but Atheros AR5B95

​who knows how can i get wifi work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back