Contribute
Register

Screen stuck on "scan entries" (Asus TUF Gaming Laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus FX505GM
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been trying to install MacOS Mojave on my Asus TUF FX505GM Gaming laptop using the installation guide on this site. I've tried several solutions to my problem, but for some reason, while booting Clover, the screen stays stuck on "scan entries". I wasn't able to find the components while creating my account, so I'll just place it here:

-Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 8750H
-Chipset: Intel® HM370 Express
-Memory: 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion, up to 32 GB SDRAM, Dual-channel
-Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 , with 6GB GDDR5 VRAM

If any more specs are needed, be sure to ask me.
I must say that I wasn't able to find a lot of the settings that the guide says to change in the BIOS, like CFG-Lock or IO Serial Port, but I'm not sure if that could be causing the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Waste of time installing Mojave with a GTX 1060, there are no drivers.
You could remove the graphics card and install using your integrated graphics or install High Sierra instead.

None of this however is relevant to your current issue, this guide may help you :

You're absolutely right. I completely forgot to check if there are any drivers:banghead: thanks for reminding me.
I was able to install Mojave, but of course, this is useless, so I'll just try installing High Sierra and hope they someday release the drivers. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back