i7-4790
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good afternoon, dear experts!
Today we will start talking about the Catalina MAC OS 10.15.7, the satechi aluminum wireless keyboard, and bluetooth devices in general.

My build is not bad enough:
Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR
Video card: Radeon Sapphire Nitro + RX 580 8Gb
SSD M.2: SSDPEKKF360G7H Intel 360gb TL PCIe NVMe SSD Drive 12-c012dx
RAM: DIMM1: Kingston 8GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM = 4 pieces
BIOS version: 3503

Also, the csr8510 a10 bluetooth adapter is connected to the motherboard.
Everything is in order with him, he is determined and works. Sometimes it just disappears. but as far as I remember, it was the same on Windows.

Since I installed Mac OS Catalina, I have only used bluetooth a few times. But yesterday I bought a bluetooth keyboard satechi aluminum wireless keyboard and my adventures with hackkintosh started from the very beginning.

The bottom line is this: bluetooth is constantly turned off.

The keyboard constantly loses its bluetooth connection.
That being said, I have already changed the values in the KEXT:
System / Library / Extensions
IOBluetoothFamily.kext

In this KEXT package I edited a file from the Plugins folder called BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext

In this package, I edited the Info.plist file, where I set values for: id product & id vendor
Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 06.24.23.png

ID product: 0x0001 = 1
ID vendor: 0x0a12 = 2578

Снимок экрана 2020-10-19 в 06.14.02.png

Then I installed KEXT with KEXTWIZARD and rebooted the system.
After rebooting, I don't see that my changes have been accepted and I can't figure out if my bluetooth is working correctly, or should I do something else? Maybe there are ready-made adapters for everything to work correctly? Because I do not believe that a keyboard that, although cheaper than the original from Apple, is still not the cheapest in terms of cost, can be so stupid ...

Using KextWizard to install a kext in Catalina will not work. Catalina introduced some new security and protection for the system files. These are automatically added to a separate partition, my main OS drive is named Catalina and the 2nd partition is named Catalina-Data. Your system will have something similar. The Catalina-Data partition contains the /Library/Extension and /System/Library/Extensions folders and is set as read-only and these folders will not accept any kext installations, while the partition is in its read-only state.

You have to use something like Hackintool to turn off GateKeeper before you can install the kext. Hackintool can do all this as a single process.

Thank you, kind person for answering my question! I will definitely try your way! I hope I can figure it out!
:geek:

Maybe you have an answer to the following question:
The Satechi keyboard does not work in the BIOS, and I can't even enter the password when entering the operating system.

Where can I find a fix for this error? because I don't want to use 2 keyboards all the time.

also arose a question to you! I see that we have the same processor and the same video card models.

Is your computer waking up from sleep mode?

If so, how did you manage to resolve this issue?

Yes, my system wakes from sleep with no issues.

I have a number of SSDT's for my Gigabyte motherboard, which have solved any sleep/wake/reboot issues I had previously. I am not sure if they will work with your Asus motherboard. But you can give them a try if you want.

The two sleep/shutdown related SSDT's are as follows and are contained in the ACPI zip folder attached.
  • SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml, and
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (I think this SSDT was created by one of the mod's on this site VioletDragon)
I also have generated these custom SSDT's:
  • SSDT-EC.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
  • SSDT-Plug.aml
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
The first three were generated using corpnewt's SSDTTime-Machine Python script.

The SSDT-UIAC.aml configures my USB ports.

I use these two additional SSDT's:
  • SSDT-EHCX_OFF.aml (turns EHC1 and EHC2 off, so only the XHC USB controller is used)
  • SSDT-Radeon_Deinit.aml (sets the Radeon Deinit fix for the RX580 dGPU, in place of a config.plist fix as I am using OpenCore bootloader)
Copies of the two additional SSDT's are also attached in the ACPI zip folder.

IF you choose to use any of the SSDT's you need to do the following:

CLOVER - Add the SSDT's to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

OpenCore - Add the SSDT's to your /OC/ACPI folder and add the SSDT details to the /OC/config.plist (otherwise they won't be loaded).

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back