Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Sapphire Radeon RX 570 OC 4GB Blackscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to be desperate. This is just a hackintosh project. It will work. It just needs attention to detail.

As both @Bustycat and @Gigamaxx have both helped I will just add a few things ...

1) For now put any kexts you install in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other - ONLY. Check if there is anything in Drive: Library/Extensions. If you've put anything in there remove them and rebuild your kextcaches.

In Terminal use:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

2) The RX 570 needs Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext. They should go, as instructed, in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

3) You DO NOT NEED to edit any of the system kexts you mention. If you have done that replace the modified ones with the originals.

4) DO NOT use a laptop system-defintion for a desktop motherboard. That is important. Don't listen to anyone telling you different.

5) If the GPU is crashing at 30-minutes or so into a session then the likelihood is that there is an "event" happening to cause it. That will be in the crash logs. The other thing that can cause a GPU to crash after a certain time is overheating... That's a hardware fault.

6) In post #2 you say everything worked in your previous configuration - what was that?

7) If you get a stall or crash at boot use "verbose" mode to offer a screen of useful information at the point things halt. Photo that and upload a copy here.

8) One last thing. Please update USBInjectAll.kext. The version you are using is way too old.

:thumbup:
I have followed your guides with a negative result.
I updated as you said but nothing.
After 15 minutes blackscreen.
In my old hardware configuration I had modified the kext amdx4100 and 9500, injected lilu and wathergreen all over sierra.
What can I do I attach the log

Attachments

• DiagnosticReports.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 35
I have followed your guides with a negative result.
I updated as you said but nothing.
After 15 minutes blackscreen.
In my old hardware configuration I had modified the kext amdx4100 and 9500, injected lilu and wathergreen all over sierra.
What can I do I attach the log

So your previous hardware configuration was the same PC? Two amended kexts is software, not "old hardware".

So have you checked the GPU for overheating?

If your PC boots into macOS okay, then after a set period of time crashes or goes to a black-screen, then that is, as I mentioned previously, either an event occurring or a hardware failure.

You might want to try removing the RX570 and using the built-in iGPU's HD4600. There may be configuration issues that need to be ironed out, but you could see if the timed crash still occurs.

the board.
Attached system log

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_221245.jpg
    IMG_20200303_221245.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200303_221038.jpg
    IMG_20200303_221038.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200303_220527.jpg
    IMG_20200303_220527.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200303_220513.jpg
    IMG_20200303_220513.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200303_220504.jpg
    IMG_20200303_220504.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • sistem log.zip
    91.9 KB · Views: 40
Thanks so much to you for your help, I'm trying and I'll let you know as soon as possible
PS I entered as smbios mac pro 5.1 what do you think?

iMac14.2 is better for your system.

So your previous hardware configuration was the same PC? Two amended kexts is software, not "old hardware".

So have you checked the GPU for overheating?

If your PC boots into macOS okay, then after a set period of time crashes or goes to a black-screen, then that is, as I mentioned previously, either an event occurring or a hardware failure.

You might want to try removing the RX570 and using the built-in iGPU's HD4600. There may be configuration issues that need to be ironed out, but you could see if the timed crash still occurs.
here I am, I removed the card, reset the bios, set the parameters for mac os and started with the integrated graphics card.
It works and I've done various tests including hardware tests.
As far as your question about old hardware was concerned, it was different from what I use now older.

excuse me because wrapped in blackscreen the signal changes from a dp port to hdmi and envelopes do not work in any of the ports?

excuse me because wrapped in blackscreen the signal changes from a dp port to hdmi and envelopes do not work in any of the ports?

Sorry? I don't understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back