Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Sapphire Radeon RX 570 OC 4GB Blackscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you boot with -v to see any weird message? Is that black screen with or without signal?

Have you boot with -v to see any weird message? Is that black screen with or without signal?
sorry for the late reply.
I attach the only log I have found.
Let me explain better, the operating system starts normally up to the login window when you log in immediately gives me blackscreen. If I try each port the signal is but always blackscreen. If after I force the restart with the power button it starts but almost at the end of the start with the loading bar yet another black screen but this time without signal on all the doors.
What do I have to do?

Attachments

• DiagnosticReports.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 30
sorry for the late reply.
I attach the only log I have found.
Let me explain better, the operating system starts normally up to the login window when you log in immediately gives me blackscreen. If I try each port the signal is but always blackscreen. If after I force the restart with the power button it starts but almost at the end of the start with the loading bar yet another black screen but this time without signal on all the doors.
What do I have to do?
Did you add your ssdt.aml?
mid so try this in clover boot menu, use cursor to go to Options tab, then go to ACPI section. Go to Droptables and scroll to the bottom and check the box next to the dsdt. Return to main menu and boot.

Did you add your ssdt.aml?
mid so try this in clover boot menu, use cursor to go to Options tab, then go to ACPI section. Go to Droptables and scroll to the bottom and check the box next to the dsdt. Return to main menu and boot.
I haven't added my SSDT yet.
I try it immediately

I tried normal boot up to the login screen and black screen with no signal on all ports

i tried with my ssdt without success.
I was happy to have updated my hardware but now no longer.

i tried with my ssdt without success.
I was happy to have updated my hardware but now no longer.

No need to be desperate. This is just a hackintosh project. It will work. It just needs attention to detail.

As both @Bustycat and @Gigamaxx have both helped I will just add a few things ...

1) For now put any kexts you install in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other - ONLY. Check if there is anything in Drive: Library/Extensions. If you've put anything in there remove them and rebuild your kextcaches.

In Terminal use:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

2) The RX 570 needs Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext. They should go, as instructed, in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

3) You DO NOT NEED to edit any of the system kexts you mention. If you have done that replace the modified ones with the originals.

4) DO NOT use a laptop system-defintion for a desktop motherboard. That is important. Don't listen to anyone telling you different.

5) If the GPU is crashing at 30-minutes or so into a session then the likelihood is that there is an "event" happening to cause it. That will be in the crash logs. The other thing that can cause a GPU to crash after a certain time is overheating... That's a hardware fault.

6) In post #2 you say everything worked in your previous configuration - what was that?

7) If you get a stall or crash at boot use "verbose" mode to offer a screen of useful information at the point things halt. Photo that and upload a copy here.

8) One last thing. Please update USBInjectAll.kext. The version you are using is way too old.

:thumbup:

Last edited:
2) The RX 570 needs Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext. They should go, as instructed, in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

3) You DO NOT NEED to edit any of the system kexts you mention. If you have done that replace the modeified ones with the originals.

4) DO NOT use a laptop system-defintion for a desktop motherboard. That is important. Don't listen to anyone telling you different.

5) If the GPU is crashing at 30-minutes or so in to a session then the likelihood is that there is an "event" happening to cause it. That will be in the crash logs. The other thing that can cause a GPU to crash after a certain time is overheating... That's a hardware fault.

6) In post #2 you say everything worked in your previous configuration - what was that?

7) If you get a stall or crash at boot use "verbose" mode to offer a screen of useful information at the point things halt. Photo that and upload a copy here.

8) One last thing. Please update USBInjectAll.kext. The version you are using is way too old.
Thanks so much to you for your help, I'm trying and I'll let you know as soon as possible
PS I entered as smbios mac pro 5.1 what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back