Contribute
Register

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When 10.13.4 arrives, you won't need either...or so I've read. :D
If this is the case now? What do I need to do when my new Sapphire RX 580 card shows up, currently running a NVIDIA card. I am assuming I need the following:

1) Remove NVIDIA Web Driver
2) Ensure ON Board Video is off
3) uncheck NVIDIA Web in Clover Configurator / Config
4) Swap Cards
5) Enjoy New Card

Am I close?

If this is the case now? What do I need to do when my new Sapphire RX 580 card shows up, currently running a NVIDIA card. I am assuming I need the following:

1) Remove NVIDIA Web Driver
2) Ensure ON Board Video is off
3) uncheck NVIDIA Web in Clover Configurator / Config
4) Swap Cards
5) Enjoy New Card

Am I close?
Yes. Your steps will work fine. I'm not using any graphics card kexts nor the config.plist patches.

However, I had to switch my System Definition from iMac18,3 to iMac14,2 starting with 10.13.4. (Somehow, 10.13.4 screwed up by making the DP ports unusable.) If you need to change your SysDef, use MultiBeast v10.3.0 by just selecting:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Build > Install​
Then reboot.

@ThrasherOSX, I added the above since you've read my response.

Last edited:
Yes. Your steps will work fine. I'm not using any graphics card kexts nor the config.plist patches.

However, I had to switch my System Definition from iMac18,3 to iMac14,2 starting with 10.13.4. (Somehow, 10.13.4 screwed up by making the DP ports unusable.) If you need to change your SysDef, use MultiBeast v10.3.0 by just selecting:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Build > Install​
Then reboot.
I am currently using iMac 17,1 and use the nano fix for the black screen. Do you think that will be problem?

I am currently using iMac 17,1 and use the nano fix for the black screen. Do you think that will be problem?
After I changed my SysDef to iMac14,2, I don't need anything to make the RX 580 to run correctly. I'd remove the "nano fix".

@Stork would it be best to install this without the card then put it in? Or is it good to run with it from the off?

@Stork would it be best to install this without the card then put it in? Or is it good to run with it from the off?
You can install it with the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB installed. Just use the MultiBeast default iMac14,2 system definition.

While MultiBeast v10.14.0 is due out soon, if you use the current MultiBeast v10.3.0, download the latest tonymacx86 Clover update installer (Downloads > Clover Builds) and run it after your MultiBeast runs (you have to do two because of the audio issue with High Sierra.

Yes, update your Clover after you've finished with your MultiBeast installation. The two step MultiBeast is described here and in each MultiBeast announcement.
MultBeast Announcement said:
*Please Note:
Apple has changed the behavior for kextcache as of Sierra. You need to install your Audio CODEC after you are booted from the destination disk to get audio to work properly. See here for details.

Here's what I did for my Z170 MyHero build...I ran MultiBeast and selection the following:
:ch: Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150 <---Don't install this on the 1st run (see below)
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100/200 Series Audio
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet
:ch: Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit (and adds RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext)
... (Note, your other drivers depend upon your motherboard's chipets.)
:ch: Build <--- To see your full configuration
...​

You'll review you settings via the Build window, and, then, if all OK, click on the Install button. After the MultiBeast installation is finished, reboot.

Then for the 2nd run, I reran MultiBeast v10.3.0 selecting only the following:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: Build > Install
:ch: Open the Terminal, copy and paste the following command into the Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
:ch: Reboot and return to the Desktop.​
Note: the above audio driver is probably different for your motherboard. Check the front part of your Gigabyte User Manual.

So, that's the "two step" MultiBeast installation run.

Finally, yes, and Active DP to VGA adapter is the one to get.

Yes, update your Clover after you've finished with your MultiBeast installation. The two step MultiBeast is described here and in each MultiBeast announcement.

Here's what I did for my Z170 MyHero build...I ran MultiBeast and selection the following:
:ch: Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150 <---Don't install this on the 1st run (see below)
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100/200 Series Audio
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet
:ch: Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit (and adds RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext)
... (Note, your other drivers depend upon your motherboard's chipets.)
:ch: Build <--- To see your full configuration
...​

You'll review you settings via the Build window, and, then, if all OK, click on the Install button. After the MultiBeast installation is finished, reboot.

Then for the 2nd run, I reran MultiBeast v10.3.0 selecting only the following:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: Build > Install
:ch: Open the Terminal, copy and paste the following command into the Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
:ch: Reboot and return to the Desktop.​
Note: the above audio driver is probably different for your motherboard. Check the front part of your Gigabyte User Manual.

So, that's the "two step" MultiBeast installation run.

Finally, yes, and Active DP to VGA adapter is the one to get.
@Stork could you please help me
I have MSI Z170 + RX480 4G Card
1.Clean Install of 1013.6
2. Mentioned MultiBeast settings and step (Audio & Ethernet Selection might vary)
3.use system definition 14,2
4. Whatever +Lilu Kexts
or Any steps missed
Can I get the performance of FCPX similar to Sierra 10.12.6 also H.264 Encode & HEVC Support will it work in FCPX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back