Contribute
Register

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I install new GPU Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse 8GB, I notice that GPU fans are not working properly. When the system boot in the High Sierra 10.13.6, fans will stop spinning and after 5 minutes just one fan starts to spin and producing some weird annoying sizzling noises.

Except that everything works fine I run four HD monitors and I have very good results on BruceX, Geekbench test and also FCPX export H.264 with no problem. My PSU is Corsair RM650X.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you for your help!

I install new GPU Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse 8GB, I notice that GPU fans are not working properly. When the system boot in the High Sierra 10.13.6, fans will stop spinning and after 5 minutes just one fan starts to spin and producing some weird annoying sizzling noises.

Except that everything works fine I run four HD monitors and I have very good results on BruceX, Geekbench test and also FCPX export H.264 with no problem. My PSU is Corsair RM650X.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you for your help!
I'm not sure if this is a bug or anything, my GTX760 does the same thing but when it gets a little hotter (like when exporting videos) the other fan starts spinning. Have you tried the GPU in Windows? The same problem occurs? I run High Sierra 10.13.5

Hello!
I'm building my first hackintosh and i have chose the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 as a graphic card. In the forum I read that it has a good compatibility whit Os High Sierra.

In your opinion, will it also be compatible with Mojave?

I also ask you, with this card, I can use a monitor 21:9 with a resolution of 3440x1440? Or better that I take a classic 16:9 4k monitor?

Thanks for the answers

In your opinion, will it also be compatible with Mojave?

I also ask you, with this card, I can use a monitor 21:9 with a resolution of 3440x1440? Or better that I take a classic 16:9 4k monitor?

Apple just added full support for that specific RX580 since 10.13.4 so there is no reason they would drop it for Mojave. You can use any resolution or aspect ratio monitor you want, will not be a problem.

Apple just added full support for that specific RX580 since 10.13.4 so there is no reason they would drop it for Mojave. You can use any resolution or aspect ratio monitor you want, will not be a problem.

Thanks for answer trs.
I can not find the topic, but someone had problems with Mojave, black screen issues. It was an isolated case perhaps.

Whit the 4k monitor, can I reduce the interface (for more space) like on the iMac 5k? See the screenshot attached.

Attachments

• apple-imac-retina-5k-control-panel.jpg
    apple-imac-retina-5k-control-panel.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 371
I can not find the topic, but someone had problems with Mojave, black screen issues. It was an isolated case perhaps.
Betas often have problems. It should be fixed by the time of the public release coming soon.

Whit the 4k monitor, can I reduce the interface (for more space) like on the iMac 5k? See the screenshot attached.
Of course.

Thanks trs for taking away my doubts.
Now I have to choose the last components and then build my first hackintosh.

Thanks again

Sanity check?
My current card is a GTX 1050Ti, and gives me a Bruce Score of 52.
The sanity check: should I consider the Sapphire RX580? I do edit in FCPX, obviously, and also do a lot of Photoshop. Will this card really cut my render times to 1/3 of what they are now?

The RX580 comes with the downside (for me) of warming up my office (literally) as it uses up to 3x the wattage of the 1050.

Finally, is there any issue using the card in my older GA-Z77X-UD5H? Any problem with my iMac 14,2 setting?

Thanks, folks.

Just upgraded to a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB Special Edition. mostly because i was tired of all the nvidia driver problems and delays. I was expecting this to be a walk in the park but i should have know better.
The problem is very specific: i have no image from both HDMIs and the DVI ports although the screens are on with a black/blue shade. In the contrary both DP ports are working fine.
I tried connecting 1 up to 4 monitors in all possible combinations, also whatevergreen and lilu and all known fixes with no result. Truth is that of all articles i read noone faced such problem. People mostly complain about black screens on any port (mostly DP) or no screen at all.
Could you please advise on which direction i should start looking at? I am really out of ideas since this should be an Apple certified driver... shouldn't it?

Just upgraded to a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB Special Edition. mostly because i was tired of all the nvidia driver problems and delays. I was expecting this to be a walk in the park but i should have know better.
The problem is very specific: i have no image from both HDMIs and the DVI ports although the screens are on with a black/blue shade. In the contrary both DP ports are working fine.
I tried connecting 1 up to 4 monitors in all possible combinations, also whatevergreen and lilu and all known fixes with no result. Truth is that of all articles i read noone faced such problem. People mostly complain about black screens on any port (mostly DP) or no screen at all.
Could you please advise on which direction i should start looking at? I am really out of ideas since this should be an Apple certified driver... shouldn't it?
May be because your graphics card is an overclocked card. You must consider native non-overclocked GPU to avoid comparability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back