Contribute
Register

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be because your graphics card is an overclocked card. You must consider native non-overclocked GPU to avoid comparability issues.
thank you for your answer. is this a known issue or just a speculation? i mean should i consider selling the card? Unfortunately i couldn't find but very few information on the web cause very few people use more that 2 monitors.
Still Pulse and Nitro use the same firmware (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=). i can't understand.

thank you for your answer. is this a known issue or just a speculation? i mean should i consider selling the card? Unfortunately i couldn't find but very few information on the web cause very few people use more that 2 monitors.
Still Pulse and Nitro use the same firmware (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=). i can't understand.
It’s just a speculation. I’m neither expert of this matter or I have the card. But I’m quoting the general topic owners answers. But you can give a shot with AMD RX580 if you can borrow from friends/Shops with 7-day returns. Get my point. ?

It’s just a speculation. I’m neither expert of this matter or I have the card. But I’m quoting the general topic owners answers. But you can give a shot with AMD RX580 if you can borrow from friends/Shops with 7-day returns. Get my point. ?
oh it is always the same on my hackintosh rigs, even the smallest change needs at least a sleepless week of coffees and forums. Probably this X79 setups need a refresh, but i am terrified in the idea of buying a brand new coffee lake and meeting with the same problems again.
i ll search all possible topics once more. Thanks again man.

oh it is always the same on my hackintosh rigs, even the smallest change needs at least a sleepless week of coffees and forums. Probably this X79 setups need a refresh, but i am terrified in the idea of buying a brand new coffee lake and meeting with the same problems again.
i ll search all possible topics once more. Thanks again man.
I can totally related with you because I had same problems as like you. Anything you try to fix and breaks everything else. I have decide better to buy cheapest and powerful Mac mini save my self from sleepless night. So I suggest you to look into cheapest Macmini 2018 and you can upgrade RAM and use an egpu enclosure like Razor Core or Mantiz. If you are using FCPX. If you don’t Use FCPX just switch to windows. Value Proposition drops drastically if we are not using FCPX.

I can totally related with you because I had same problems as like you. Anything you try to fix and breaks everything else. I have decide better to buy cheapest and powerful Mac mini save my self from sleepless night. So I suggest you to look into cheapest Macmini 2018 and you can upgrade RAM and use an egpu enclosure like Razor Core or Mantiz. If you are using FCPX. If you don’t Use FCPX just switch to windows. Value Proposition drops drastically if we are not using FCPX.
Haha yes i have thought of that many times. but downgrading from 3930k to a 4 core macmini is not an option. the 6-core. well this one is a great choise but too expensive. on the other hand i am so freakin' sure that my RX 580 will continue ruining my life even on a mac mini used as an eGPU.... and then.... well ... Going back to windows is not an option, in this life at least :p

Bumping this thread since I see several of you have the same card. I've been having a super frustrating time getting my rig to work with the RX 580. For whatever reason it will just crash randomly when I'm working with Photoshop files, Final Cut projects, and even watching 4K content. The card worked out of the box without any patches and I've tried pretty much everything I can think of which you can read in this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hackintosh-crashing-photoshop-final-cut-4k.269107/.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing in Display settings, I don't know if that could be an issue or not - I saw where dimadev posted the same thing. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.40.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.40.08 PM.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 250
Alright, 2 days in and no crashes. This is what has finally done the trick for me (fingers crossed). I did some digging around and found out that there is a toggle switch on my video card that apparently switches the card from UEFI to Legacy from what I understand. It was toggled to the right and I flipped it to the left as you can see in this picture. From then on everything has worked perfectly with no crashes. I have no idea why this switch even exists but I'm glad that I found it, otherwise I was ready to sell this card and try something else. Obviously I still need to keep testing things out this week but everything I've been working on is stable on Mojave 10.14.2 - if anyone else has this issue I advise flipping this switch to see if it helps.

Attachments

• VC.jpg
    VC.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 417
Alright, 2 days in and no crashes. This is what has finally done the trick for me (fingers crossed). I did some digging around and found out that there is a toggle switch on my video card that apparently switches the card from UEFI to Legacy from what I understand. It was toggled to the right and I flipped it to the left as you can see in this picture. From then on everything has worked perfectly with no crashes. I have no idea why this switch even exists but I'm glad that I found it, otherwise I was ready to sell this card and try something else. Obviously I still need to keep testing things out this week but everything I've been working on is stable on Mojave 10.14.2 - if anyone else has this issue I advise flipping this switch to see if it helps.

FWIW here's the insert that came with my Radeon RX 580 8GB DR5, Sapphire Pulse:

Note the position of the fans (which would be on the bottom). I've added the photo on its side on purpose, as this would be the proper orientation of how you would be seeing it in the case. The right edge is the motherboard, the fans are the bottom (facing the floor), and the switch is at the top left corner closest to you. You apparently want the teeny-tiny switch pushed in the direction towards the motherboard)

Attachments

• IMG_1052.jpeg
    IMG_1052.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 321
Hi,

I have High Sierra build with an i7-4790K and a NVidia GTX 770, i´m planning to buy a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, so i need to be advise:

- What SMBios to use? actually i use iMac 14,2
- To configure Radeon, use radeondeinit? Lilu + WhateverGreen?

Thanks in advance
Huiguita

Hi Huiguita,

I am asking if you could tell me what make and model power supply do you use in your hackintosh build, please.

I have a sapphire rx580 pulse as well.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back