RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I have a solid system working since 2011 and finally got some trouble with graphic card 'Sapphire HD 5770'. Some times screen freezes or goes to blue. I have changed the slots, cleaned card, cleaned mother board but still problem persists. After a lot of struggle I discovered some pressure on a corner solves the problem (may be a hardware contact problem I assume). So I tied the corner of the card with little pressure to frame and it is working since last 6 months in such a way. Today I got new problem like large pixel graphics, check the screen.

I am assuming it must be a hardware problem so preparing to change the card, I use the system primarily for Photoshop and 4k video on PremierPro. Thinking to upgrade the OS to 'El Capitan'. Kindly suggest NEW GRAPHIC CARD.

Thank you all.
Badari

Attachments

• 20161231_213333ii.jpg
    20161231_213333ii.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 175
Simple answer is a GTX 970 or 980 if you can afford one. They can be found used on places like Ebay or Amazon. May also be a few new ones left but for higher prices.

Thank you for the suggestion. After cleaning the slot and the card once again with spirit, card is working fine now. Only problem is it boots with "Recovering Lost DRam Size" 3 times every time I reboot.​

Thank you for the suggestion. After cleaning the slot and the card once again with spirit, card is working fine now. Only problem is it boots with "Recovering Lost DRam Size" 3 times every time I reboot.​
Google "Recovering Lost DRam Size".
It looks like it might be RAM related - Check that your DIMMS are seated properly and are in the correct slots.

Google "Recovering Lost DRam Size".
It looks like it might be RAM related - Check that your DIMMS are seated properly and are in the correct slots.

I think because the system is past 5 years, all contacts needs to be cleaned thoroughly, will do so and get back to you with the update.

Processor socket pins bent and broke (check image) , system still working with DRAM Error. Kindly help to change Mother Board, suggestions appreciated.

Current Mother Board: Gigabyte X58a UD7
Processor: Intel i7 3.4Ghz
Graphics: Sapphire HD 5570
RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4gbx3 1600Mhz PC3
Power Supply: Corsair 600w

I think because the system is past 5 years, all contacts needs to be cleaned thoroughly, will do so and get back to you with the update.

Attachments

• 20170102_160427.jpg
    20170102_160427.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Processor socket pins bent and broke (check image) , system still working with DRAM Error. Kindly help to change Mother Board, suggestions appreciated.

Not able to find many options for mother board with current hardware, thinking to change Mother Board, Processor, Graphics and Ram.

What i7 is it? We need the numbers after the i7 part.

As for Graphics Card, I would go with a 970 like trs96 said, they are dirt cheap if you go on eBay and buy used, I grabbed one a while back for $180 on a snipe bid.

Looks like bent CPU pins to me. Board will require replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back