Contribute
Register

Samsung SSD SM961-NVMe M.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I try to install sierra on a new build right now that has a sm961 nvme drive in it. How do I get the acpi path now? Do I really need to install windows on that machine just to get this acpi path?

Hi, I try to install sierra on a new build right now that has a sm961 nvme drive in it. How do I get the acpi path now? Do I really need to install windows on that machine just to get this acpi path?

If you don't have Sierra or El Capitan already installed on it, you will need to install Windows just to get the ACPI path.
It can be determined from ioreg (on OS X/macOS) or from Device Manager in Windows, but you can't guess it.

Installing Windows, takes what... 20 minutes?

If you don't have Sierra or El Capitan already installed on it, you will need to install Windows just to get the ACPI path.
It can be determined from ioreg (on OS X/macOS) or from Device Manager in Windows, but you can't guess it.

Installing Windows, takes what... 20 minutes?

Hmm ok. Would a Linux live CD also work? Or even: I read somewhere something about clover being able to read this acpi stuff and write it to disk.

Hmm ok. Would a Linux live CD also work? Or even: I read somewhere something about clover being able to read this acpi stuff and write it to disk.

I have no idea if it can be determined on Linux. If you find a way, please suggest it in the guide thread.

Hello RehabMan back to my hackintosh after a lot of real life work... I'm a bit worried as the PikerAlpha site seem to be very cautious about the durability of the nvme builds.

I'm currently running 10.12.3 on my new setup, is it ok for setting the spoofing or must I return to a prior OS?

By the way I managed to get rid of my issues just by checking the shutdown fix in Clover. Nice!

Hello RehabMan back to my hackintosh after a lot of real life work... I'm a bit worried as the PikerAlpha site seem to be very cautious about the durability of the nvme builds.

I'm currently running 10.12.3 on my new setup, is it ok for setting the spoofing or must I return to a prior OS?

By the way I managed to get rid of my issues just by checking the shutdown fix in Clover. Nice!

For NVMe, I use this:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Yep I've read it, it funny because the acpi paths for my 2 NVMe ssd are exactly the same you show for your NUC. So I guess the work is done... The only problem is the link you give on the thread for MaciASL goes 404.

Can I use this one?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/

Yep I've read it, it funny because the acpi paths for my 2 NVMe ssd are exactly the same you show for your NUC. So I guess the work is done... The only problem is the link you give on the thread for MaciASL goes 404.

Can I use this one?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/

The version of MaciASL that I use is linked from my guide.

Well, the link from your guide goes to a 404 page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back