Contribute
Register

Samsung SSD SM961-NVMe M.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok now I get it. Dirty but liveable.

Isn't there a livelinux that could get me to the acpi table as well?

No need for any ACPI table. You need just the ACPI path. It can be determined from ioreg... as from Windows Device Manager. I never looked into determining it from Linux.

ok... I ran ioreg in terminal, my ahci disks are pretty obvious to find, but the sm961 is nowwhere to be seen.

Ioreg-SM961.jpeg
I found it with ioreg -l in terminal.

It was intended as a joke... I want to get a better insight of what's is going on in my system so I need to study more your and others works before I give up and ask for help... Guidance welcome!

It was intended as a joke... I want to get a better insight of what's is going on in my system so I need to study more your and others works before I give up and ask for help... Guidance welcome!

Since you have the IONVMe drivers loading against it (I assume via KextsToPatch), just search for IONVMeFamily (in IORegistryExplorer).

eg. you can just start typing in the left pane: ionvme.
Or you can search through it visually.

sm961-2.jpeg

Do you think I found the address?

The rest of the process will standby for the other issues, mostly sleep/reset and no shutdown (restart instead of shutdown...).

I'm using an ahci m2 to complete the initial setup, once reliable it will become an external drive and I will transfer back the system to an appleraid 0 of 2 sm961. It was christmas not so long ago...

No I don't really need that much speed, but I will enjoy it for sure.:lol:

View attachment 228302
Do you think I found the address?

The rest of the process will standby for the other issues, mostly sleep/reset and no shutdown (restart instead of shutdown...).

I'm using an ahci m2 to complete the initial setup, once reliable it will become an external drive and I will transfer back the system to an appleraid 0 of 2 sm961. It was christmas not so long ago...

No I don't really need that much speed, but I will enjoy it for sure.:lol:

Looks like it is _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX

Thanks, many thanks for your help and time sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back