Contribute
Register

Samsung SSD SM961-NVMe M.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of subtlety I do miss... Ok I downloaded the last version. Thanks!

It seems good so far... I have one question, with my mobo and two Nvme I only have two sata port left so I will probably add a pci to sata card, could it change the acpi path?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-02-28 à 08.39.38.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-02-28 à 08.39.38.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 126
Capture d’écran 2017-02-28 à 08.47.20.png

Don't look that good... Will restart though...

It seems good so far... I have one question, with my mobo and two Nvme I only have two sata port left so I will probably add a pci to sata card, could it change the acpi path?
I suspect that won't work? I may be wrong but my understanding is you loose SATA ports due to limitations in the number of available channels in the PCIe bus? So adding a PCIe card won't help add channels?

Basically NVMe gets it speed by using a lot of motherboard channels.

Well, I'm running a Raid0 Nvme... Rehabman rules!
Capture d’écran 2017-02-28 à 09.12.40.png

For the record, my "old" disk is a 850 EVO, not especially slow:
Capture d’écran 2017-02-28 à 09.00.13.png

Now with the twin Nvme setup:
Capture d’écran 2017-02-28 à 09.39.06.png

And more importantly, I have enough room to set my photo and video bench libraries on the ssd's.
I still have to polish my boot issues though.

I suspect that won't work? I may be wrong but my understanding is you loose SATA ports due to limitations in the number of available channels in the PCIe bus? So adding a PCIe card won't help add channels?

Basically NVMe gets it speed by using a lot of motherboard channels.

You suspect wrongly... It's not the same pci lines I think.
Capture d’écran 2017-03-04 à 12.44.10.png

Not using it yet for photoshop, boot is not properly setup. Should be quite faster...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back