Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 9 screen blinking problem during installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, RehabMan.

Thank you for the "check list". Last time I was kinda disappointed with the fact that it doesn't really work from the box and I kinda abandoned it for some time.

Today I decided to check what would happen if I actually install the OS. Well, no surprise - the screen was still flickering (blinking or whatever).
I was about to start checking different things, when I tried to go to sleep mode - I just wanted to see if my computer is going to wake up properly.

But, after waking - there was no more flickering whatsoever.
And it works every single time. I just go to sleep mode for a sec - and it all works.

Could this fact lead me to any concrete solution?

P.S Also the loading screen (with the apple icon) is flickering-free. It all starts when the progress bar reaches ~ 40-50% (approximately).

Hi, RehabMan.

Thank you for the "check list". Last time I was kinda disappointed with the fact that it doesn't really work from the box and I kinda abandoned it for some time.

Today I decided to check what would happen if I actually install the OS. Well, no surprise - the screen was still flickering (blinking or whatever).
I was about to start checking different things, when I tried to go to sleep mode - I just wanted to see if my computer is going to wake up properly.

But, after waking - there was no more flickering whatsoever.
And it works every single time. I just go to sleep mode for a sec - and it all works.

Could this fact lead me to any concrete solution?

P.S Also the loading screen (with the apple icon) is flickering-free. It all starts when the progress bar reaches ~ 40-50% (approximately).

Implement backlight control: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back