Contribute
Register

Samsung RC512-S02 Mac OS X Installation / Snow / Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I managed to install it successfully using the method described here.

The thing now is that my trackpad will show as being detected but won't work once I'm actually loaded into my system. I think AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext is included with the file pack from the link along with a number of other PS2 kexts, but still, I can't seem to get the trackpad to work, which is a real bummer.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Hi, i've got a Samsung V300

(Intel core I7 2630m, nvidia 520mx, 8go memory, 750go HDD, same resolution...)

I try to install Lion with Unibeast. It's okay but my computer doesn't reboot...

I arrive on the desktop and i install all the things with Multibeast, and the installation of realtek and it reboot scratch my samsung... It reboots but it is block...

(I'm french sorry for my english) :lol:

hello plz help me

im install mac os on my lap top samsung rc512 done install but when windows start i listn very high sound teeeeeeeeeeet and finaly power off automatic

whats rong and i want know who i can use castumise when install mac

plz help me

Karem, what worked for me was; partitioning the hard drive using Disk Utility in the Mac OS X installer (accessible through the "Utilities" menu at the top) (one HFS+ Journaled, one MS-DOS); shut it down (Apple Menu, shut down option), boot from Windows install disk, reformat MS-DOS partition, install Windows, then install Mac OS X. No problems and dual-boot happily.

Pataoune; the Realtek kext in multibeast locks my laptop up as well. I'll try to find something different.

My Trackpad went back to not working. I'll try to find the magic.

Also; I found the issue with booting off the internal drive. Evidently, if you're doing an MBR install (I have been having nothing but issues with a GPT formatting scheme; but MBR seems to work), a manual reinstall of the "boot1h" file is in order. After that the bootloader works just fine. As for booting the OS itself, it seems to be taking forever (this is the first time I got here). There are long periods of random hard drive access.

Does it work during install? if it does just install the kext from the installation location.

If not try another kext from

http://www.osx86.net

sonarcade said:

The thing now is that my trackpad will show as being detected but won't work once I'm actually loaded into my system. I think AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext is included with the file pack from the link along with a number of other PS2 kexts, but still, I can't seem to get the trackpad to work, which is a real bummer.

I got it to boot successfully. There was a difference between the multiple fresh installs I did and the install I had on the USB hard drive that kept the GUI from appearing. It would stick in Verbose mode or crash if booted normally. Cloned the USB install and manually installed boot1h fixed that issue. Still working on the trackpad. To answer knt's question; no. The trackpad will not work period. Of course, I made the mistake of not including a kext for it in the installer drive. I'll try this tomorrow. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=273125

knt said:
Does it work during install? if it does just install the kext from the installation location.

If not try another kext from

http://www.osx86.net

sonarcade said:

Unfortunately, no. The keyboard works but not the trackpad. I used the kexts from the link I included. I also checked osx86.net to see if any other updated/modded versions of the trackpad kexts (voodoo acpips2, etc.) have been uploaded for the RC512 to no avail.

Another thing I had noticed was while I see boot0 at the beginning of the boot, windows starts right away without taking me to the Chameleon menu. I don't know if this has to do with the BIOS on my RC512 being stuck on "quick boot" and "quiet boot" mode or what. Has anyone been able to get around this issue as well? I'd love to get this laptop working for some awesome mac-tion.

Sonarcade, have you marked the OS X partition as active? I did and it's working great! You can use these instructions from the Windows install disk or use these instructions from the Mac terminal. Either one works.

Addition: I should have put this in my earlier post; but in my personal experience, Windows hates being on any other partition than the first. For some reason, performance dropped (at least for me) about 33-50% depending on what was being done, with the worst being installing things. I put it back on the first, and all is fine in the world now.

Update - 2/11/2012: The touchpad kext I tried a few posts back (you can find it here) works! Just look for "ElanTouchpad.zip" at the end of the post. It only works like a basic mouse, no scrolling what so ever. No multitouch gestures either, but it's better than having to fish out a USB mouse every time you want to use OS X; especially since the USB 3.0 controller causes kernel panics when things are plugged in and unplugged. I'll be working on that next.

Thanks! I'll check those drivers out once I get my laptop returned from repairs today. I'm perfectly fine with having solely mousing capabilities and don't need fancy gesturing or scrolling. I have the Windows partition as active as I had for my previous laptops so that hibernate works. I simply had to use either Chimera or Chameleon Wizard to use boot0hfs to get the Chameleon menu to appear upon boot, even with the Windows partition as being active. Am I simply doing the boot0hfs installation wrong or is it kind of impossible with the RC512? Thanks, again.

So I received my laptop back and the elan mouse drivers don't seem to work for me, unfortunately. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back