Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG NP350V5C-905IT + Mavericks, getting lost in MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Samsung > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-3610QM / HM76
Graphics
HD 4000 + HD 7670M, 1366x768
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hi everybody,

this is my first hackintosh attempt, I'm following the guide for Mavericks with uni/multibeast.
The system now boots but I'd like to follow the Multibeast procedure with a self created DSDT, and here I'm getting lost.
This notebook isn't quite popular but seems to have good specs, included atheros card, so I can't find for example the pjalm right description or a similar one.
Can somebody give me some tips to go on?
Is it better to search for a similar more popular model and try that profile or pick one by one all hardware features?

Thank you in advance.

here follows some cpu-z infos:

Socket 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 4 (max 4)
Number of threads 8 (max 8)
Name Intel Core i7 3610QM
Codename Ivy Bridge
Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Package (platform ID) Socket 988B rPGA (0x4)
CPUID 6.A.9
Extended CPUID 6.3A
Core Stepping E1/L1

Northbridge Intel Ivy Bridge rev. 09
Southbridge Intel HM76 rev. 04
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR3
Memory Size 8 GBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 798.1 MHz (1:6)
CAS# latency (CL) 11.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 11
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 11
Cycle Time (tRAS) 28
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Host Bridge 0x0154

Mainboard Model NP350V5C-S05IT (0x00000386 - 0x7B59AE7A)

Hi everybody,

this is my first hackintosh attempt, I'm following the guide for Mavericks with uni/multibeast.
The system now boots but I'd like to follow the Multibeast procedure with a self created DSDT, and here I'm getting lost.
This notebook isn't quite popular but seems to have good specs, included atheros card, so I can't find for example the pjalm right description or a similar one.
Can somebody give me some tips to go on?
Is it better to search for a similar more popular model and try that profile or pick one by one all hardware features?

Thank you in advance.

here follows some cpu-z infos:

Socket 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 4 (max 4)
Number of threads 8 (max 8)
Name Intel Core i7 3610QM
Codename Ivy Bridge
Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Package (platform ID) Socket 988B rPGA (0x4)
CPUID 6.A.9
Extended CPUID 6.3A
Core Stepping E1/L1

Northbridge Intel Ivy Bridge rev. 09
Southbridge Intel HM76 rev. 04
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR3
Memory Size 8 GBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 798.1 MHz (1:6)
CAS# latency (CL) 11.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 11
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 11
Cycle Time (tRAS) 28
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Host Bridge 0x0154

Mainboard Model NP350V5C-S05IT (0x00000386 - 0x7B59AE7A)

Multibeast is not involved.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Ok but, in the end, shouldn't I load my custom DSDT in Multibeast, once I am able to patch/create it, to install the right kexts with the build command?
no, multibeast is not needed to copy your DSDT and SSDT to clover/ACPI/Patched, you can do that with finder

no, multibeast is not needed to copy your DSDT and SSDT to clover/ACPI/Patched, you can do that with finder
ok.. sorry but IMHO seems a bit confusing, even because the instruction guide for mavericks brings to Chimera as a bootloader, not Clover.
Could I just create a usb bootdisk with Clover just to get the DSDT files?
Anyway, I'll keet reading and trying. Thanks.

ok.. sorry but IMHO seems a bit confusing, even because the instruction guide for mavericks brings to Chimera as a bootloader, not Clover.
yes

Hmm.... it is like you are not reading the material available to you.

Laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Laptop FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hmm.... it is like you are not reading the material available to you.

That's absolutely true. So thank you for linking to the "last part of the story" ;) Now things are getting interesting!

Ok, so I followed the procedure, I created two usb keys one with Yosemite and one with Mavericks.
Both drives me at a blank screen after clover boot screen.

I'll look for a debug mode / text boot mode in the documentation to find where it hangs, meanwhile my questions are:

Should I really leave kexts in Other folder? In all the other posts I see reference to 10.10 or 10.9 folders.

supposing it's a video card problem, my notebook is an hybrid one with both Intel HD4000 (default) and AMD7670M, should I proceed to disable the radeon, at least in the first phase?
Is it enough with config.plist to enable only the intel card or should I export with clover f4 the dsdt and patch the second video card in disabled mode?

Thank you in advance.

Ok, so I followed the procedure, I created two usb keys one with Yosemite and one with Mavericks.
Both drives me at a blank screen after clover boot screen.

I'll look for a debug mode / text boot mode in the documentation to find where it hangs, meanwhile my questions are:

Should I really leave kexts in Other folder? In all the other posts I see reference to 10.10 or 10.9 folders.

supposing it's a video card problem, my notebook is an hybrid one with both Intel HD4000 (default) and AMD7670M, should I proceed to disable the radeon, at least in the first phase?
Is it enough with config.plist to enable only the intel card or should I export with clover f4 the dsdt and patch the second video card in disabled mode?

Thank you in advance.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back