Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG NP350V5C-905IT + Mavericks, getting lost in MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
... aaaaand here it is!
I followed the F2 F4 sequence too or F10 but seems ineffective, while pressing F1 help is presented.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • PC-MUSICA.txt
    64.6 KB · Views: 92
  • WP_20171022_15_27_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171022_15_27_35_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
... aaaaand here it is!
I followed the F2 F4 sequence too or F10 but seems ineffective, while pressing F1 help is presented.

misc/preboot.log is missing (forgot to press F2)
ACPI/origin/* missing (forgot to press F4)

Also:
From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Sorry but, as I wrote, I pressed F2 and F4, without effect / no blinks on USB drive.
And I tested if a FN is needed, but F1 is working.
I downloaded OSX directly from Apple store, I bought all the versions of the OS since 10.8.
I created the installer on a Mac Mini (early 2009) with 10.11.6.
The usb keys are a Lexar Echo 16GB and a Generic 8GB.
How can I help you with the debug due the fact that F4 isn't working? Clover release is 2.4k_r4210

Sorry but, as I wrote, I pressed F2 and F4, without effect / no blinks on USB drive.

It could be you need to press Fn+F2 and Fn+F4.
It is mentioned in the FAQ.

And I tested if a FN is needed, but F1 is working.

Hint: You can also select from the menu that results from F1.

It could be you need to press Fn+F2 and Fn+F4.
It is mentioned in the FAQ.

Yes but as mentioned in the FAQ, I checked pressing plain F1 and FN+F1 to check if fn is needed and just F1 is working.
But, both being in the gray bootscreen with all the clover icons, and after selecting Verbose mode and starting the boot, F2 and F4 or F10 does absolutely nothing.

May I provide those informations in another way?

Could it due to the fact that I have no control in BIOS over SATA, just enable AHCI mode (and is enabled)

Hint: You can also select from the menu that results from F1.

Selecting the option from help menu and then? Pressing enter does nothing.

Yes but as mentioned in the FAQ, I checked pressing plain F1 and FN+F1 to check if fn is needed and just F1 is working.
But, both being in the gray bootscreen with all the clover icons, and after selecting Verbose mode and starting the boot, F2 and F4 or F10 does absolutely nothing.

You should not expect any output from F2/F4. All they do is write files to the volume Clover was started from.
Make sure you're starting UEFI from a "CLOVER EFI" created according to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Selecting the option from help menu and then? Pressing enter does nothing.

Again, you should not expect to see anything on screen.

You should not expect any output from F2/F4. All they do is write files to the volume Clover was started from.
Make sure you're starting UEFI from a "CLOVER EFI" created according to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Again, you should not expect to see anything on screen.

I am expecting to see the USB led blinking while writing the files.

Sorry but I followed that guide word by word.

I am expecting to see the USB led blinking while writing the files.

Will likely be quick. The files are not large.

Sorry but I followed that guide word by word.

Make sure you use 2+partition/MBR such that the files are easy to find on "CLOVER EFI".
And make sure you install and boot UEFI.

Will likely be quick. The files are not large.

Make sure you use 2+partition/MBR such that the files are easy to find on "CLOVER EFI".
And make sure you install and boot UEFI.

Ok , I followed point 2 with GPT, I will start again in MBR point 1.

Thanks for the support.

Ok , I followed point 2 with GPT,

It is possible to get the files that way, but then you have to know how to mount the EFI partition on your USB.
With two partition/MBR, the "CLOVER EFI" volume is mounted automatically upon inserting the USB stick, so it is easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back