Contribute
Register

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know; you might want to read this, though.

thanks, but there is info only about F22d vs. F22g issue, I need to know if I really need by NVMe M.2 adapter
is so, which is best suitable for Samsung 970 Pro - Version, NOT EVO-version is there any difference?

thanks, but there is info only about Bios 22g, I need to know if I really need by NVMe M.2 adapter
is so, which is best suitable for Samsung 970 Pro - Version, NOT EVO-version is there any difference?

There's shouldn't be any need for a PCI-e adaptor. I think that for some odd reason your M.2 slot is running at x2 speed when it should be x4. Try contacting Gigabyte to see what they have to say about it.

@pastrychef
do you personally run SSD on M.2 slot with good speed?

perhaps your motherboard is a bit better than mine :), so it would be just great if someone with a board GA-Z170X-UD5 TH could confirm that the Samsung SSD 970 Pro works fine in m.2 slot with good speed x4..

perhaps your motherboard is a bit better than mine :), so it would be just great if someone with a board GA-Z170X-UD5 TH could confirm that the Samsung SSD 970 Pro works fine in m.2 slot with good speed x4..

It doesn't matter who's motherboard is better. Your M.2 slot should be operating at x4 speed and it is not. Contact Gigabyte.

thanks pastrychef,
I already wrote to support, but honestly I don’t expect any solution from them, but whatever it is, could you please show me your efi folder?

thanks pastrychef,
I already wrote to support, but honestly I don’t expect any solution from them, but whatever it is, could you please show me your efi folder?

It's attached to the first post in my Z370 build thread. Link is below in my signature.

MAC_OS,

I don't believe you wrote what version of the Gigabyte BIOS firmware you are using. Not saying that is your problem, but it could be, if the version is too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back