Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> RX580 GPU got Screen Freeze

@UtterDisbelief
I have been using and testing it with the GPU - why the screen will freeze?

Still not sure 100% caused by the VRAM, maybe it’s about the cable.

I can’t share the final solutions as it will only freeze by random. Really sad.

How was you solved your problem?
You changed the graphic card?

Hi there.

I was a 100% sure in my case that it was VRAM.

I bought a brand-new GPU (exactly the same model) from the US and used it with the same PC, monitor and cable. It was fine. No problems.

Sadly, with my faulty one, the screen pattern and unpredictable lock-up was the same as yours.

om the US and u
Hi there.

I was a 100% sure in my case that it was VRAM.

I bought a brand-new GPU (exactly the same model) from the US and used it with the same PC, monitor and cable. It was fine. No problems.

Sadly, with my faulty one, the screen pattern and unpredictable lock-up was the same as yours.
@UtterDisbelief
Thanks for your shared, appreciated.
Well, I force to get another GPU for this Hackintosh build.
No choice if it's caused by the VRAM issue.

Mind to share what Graphic Card you use for your current hack?
I wish not to waste money again, that's I need a fully native and compatible GPU for the coming Monterey and Ventura macOS.

@UtterDisbelief
Thanks for your shared, appreciated.
Well, I force to get another GPU for this Hackintosh build.
No choice if it's caused by the VRAM issue.

Mind to share what Graphic Card you use for your current hack?
I wish not to waste money again, that's I need a fully native and compatible GPU for the coming Monterey and Ventura macOS.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more positive. It is always difficult being sure someone else's problem is the same when there is the Internet between us.

For my build I bought a new, sealed in box, Dell RX560 2GB GDDR5 single slot card from a trade seller in California. Not as powerful as an RX580 but quiet and reliable. The cards are red with a black heatsink and fan.

Import duty to Europe was a bit expensive but at the time any decent AMD GPU was selling for far too much anyway due to crypto-miners.

Might not be powerful enough for you, but was fine for me.

:)

I'm sorry I couldn't be more positive. It is always difficult being sure someone else's problem is the same when there is the Internet between us.

For my build I bought a new, sealed in box, Dell RX560 2GB GDDR5 single slot card from a trade seller in California. Not as powerful as an RX580 but quiet and reliable. The cards are red with a black heatsink and fan.

Import duty to Europe was a bit expensive but at the time any decent AMD GPU was selling for far too much anyway due to crypto-miners.

Might not be powerful enough for you, but was fine for me.

:)
@UtterDisbelief
Thanks for telling me your GPU.
I know what is your card model and brand too.

I am quite heavy use and need more good performance.
Perhaps, there will be a code or model number to make sure this GPU is fully native for macOS.

Back