Contribute
Register

RX 460 with Native Sierra Support I Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here it is thanks for the help Appreciate it GPU is the Gigabyte RX 460 4GB

Dont inject ATI in clover graphics settings. Check to see if inject ATI is selected, uncheck it if so and try.

Dont inject ATI in clover graphics settings. Check to see if inject ATI is selected, uncheck it if so and try.
i did try and uncheck inject ATI but nothing really fix the 5MB :( should i do a fresh install and start from scratch?

Yes, this is strange I've never had an issue with my RX 460 Gigabyte 4gb. It always runs correctly at 4 go and metal support.
and back to the same thing.. :( I have done every single thing and nothing has worked so far.... I am out of ideas

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 9.50.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 9.50.17 AM.png
    104 KB · Views: 309
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 9.50.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 9.50.54 AM.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 303
and back to the same thing.. :( I have done every single thing and nothing has worked so far.... I am out of ideas

Check into the Skylake graphics fixes needed for Sierra 12.5. The lilikext etc... get the integrated IGPU/CPU graphics working first, that may be the issue for not getting acceleration for the 460. I don't have my Skylake rig running right now my ram is in a AM4 board.

Check into the Skylake graphics fixes needed for Sierra 12.5. The lilikext etc... get the integrated IGPU/CPU graphics working first, that may be the issue for not getting acceleration for the 460. I don't have my Skylake rig running right now my ram is in a AM4 board.
yes my integrated graphics are working fine and i did run the Lilu.kext and interlGraphicsFixup.kext

I only need to enable CPU graphics in Bios. You need IGPU graphics enabled.
Sorry about being thick....Do you mean that the motherboard bios needs to be configured to be looking at integrated video first? should the setup be with a VGA monitor setup to the integrated MoBo out and another monitor to the RX 460???

Sorry about being thick....Do you mean that the motherboard bios needs to be configured to be looking at integrated video first? should the setup be with a VGA monitor setup to the integrated MoBo out and another monitor to the RX 460???

I have a single monitor AOC and I have VGA cable to motherboard, and HDMI to RX. It can also be done with 2 seperate monitors.

Gigabyte RX 460 2gb " no 6 pin connector" is running "semi" native in OS Sierra Beta 7.
I picked up another RX 460 for testing today and just my luck the update to Beta 7 came along right after trying it out. Before, no acceleration after Beta 7 update it is supported in OS Sierra.

Update: I picked up a 4 g model and got some decent benchmarks. See post below. But the 4g model it's a winner!
please help.. i have a RX 460 from Power Color.. does it work with Mac OS Sierra or just with with the Internal Chipset from my Motherboard?

please help.. i have a RX 460 from Power Color.. does it work with Mac OS Sierra or just with with the Internal Chipset from my Motherboard?

What CPU do you have? With Sierra 12.6 you can use the lilukext and WhateverGreenKext to get it working if you don't have integrated graphics on your chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back