Contribute
Register

RX 460 with Native Sierra Support I Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only need to enable CPU graphics in Bios. You need IGPU graphics enabled.

My man THANKS! for the love of heavens I thought IGPU was the same as CPU graphics lol, I only had enabled CPU Graphics and not IGPU, I now have my 460 working! all though I could not see the clover boot loader, took me straight to the login screen,
is there any way to fix that?

Attachments

• AMD Enabled.png
    AMD Enabled.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 402
  • amd enabled 2.png
    amd enabled 2.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 416
My man THANKS! for the love of heavens I thought IGPU was the same as CPU graphics lol, I only had enabled CPU Graphics and not IGPU, I now have my 460 working! all though I could not see the clover boot loader, took me straight to the login screen,

No, it's been around since El Capitan. You need IGPU/CPU/IGFX graphics enabled and the clover boot screen is shown through the motherboard or igpu CPU graphics connection. If you have a vga connection to mobo and monitor I use this and the clover screen drops at log in and I run the RX with HDMI.

You can fix the name it's fairly easy to do.

1). Download iHex from appstore. Also google and download Kext Wizzard.

2). Click on main partition or drive and go to Sytems, then Library, then open Extensions.

3). Right click on AMD9510ControllerKext and select "Show Package Contents".

4). Open the blue macOS folder and drag the black driver to desktop. Original will stay in folder. Create a new folder and copy the desktop driver to it as a spare. Repeat and drag the driver from original folder to desktop again.

5). Open iHex and drag the desktop copy of driver to iHex.

6). Go to top tool bar and select Edit. Scroll to "Find" and select "Find" in window that pops up on the right.

7). In top left of iHex tool bar select "text" and type in the upper "find" window "R9 xxx" without "" marks.

8). Go to replace window and type in "RX 460" without quotation marks.

9). Go to iHex right top and hit "find" only once. It should light up yellow.

10). Now hit "replace" only once. Make sure to hit these only one time.

11). Close iHex and save changes. Now drag the desktop (edited) copy of the driver to the blue macOS folder, you should get "Authenticate" and " replace" prompts. If you only get Authenticate then cancel and do again you need the "replace" option before you type in password.

12). Run Kext Wizzard to clear caches and rebuild. Make sure to select the proper disk if you have more than one in System before you enter password. It is necessary to run kext wizzard BEFORE you reboot. After reboot you should have the correct naming of your card as RX 460 in about this Mac.

You can fix the name it's fairly easy to do.

1). Download iHex from appstore. Also google and download Kext Wizzard.

2). Click on main partition or drive and go to Sytems, then Library, then open Extensions.

3). Right click on AMD9510ControllerKext and select "Show Package Contents".

4). Open the blue macOS folder and drag the black driver to desktop. Original will stay in folder. Create a new folder and copy the desktop driver to it as a spare. Repeat and drag the driver from original folder to desktop again.

5). Open iHex and drag the desktop copy of driver to iHex.

6). Go to top tool bar and select Edit. Scroll to "Find" and select "Find" in window that pops up on the right.

7). In top left of iHex tool bar select "text" and type in the upper "find" window "R9 xxx" without "" marks.

8). Go to replace window and type in "RX 460" without quotation marks.

9). Go to iHex right top and hit "find" only once. It should light up yellow.

10). Now hit "replace" only once. Make sure to hit these only one time.

11). Close iHex and save changes. Now drag the desktop (edited) copy of the driver to the blue macOS folder, you should get "Authenticate" and " replace" prompts. If you only get Authenticate then cancel and do again you need the "replace" option before you type in password.

12). Run Kext Wizzard to clear caches and rebuild. Make sure to select the proper disk if you have more than one in System before you enter password. It is necessary to run kext wizzard BEFORE you reboot. After reboot you should have the correct naming of your card as RX 460 in about this Mac.
Thanks, I will try this out as soon as I can find a way to get this : AMD9510ControllerKext since its not showing up for me

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 10.42.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 10.42.43 AM.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 223
Thanks, I will try this out as soon as I can find a way to get this : AMD9510ControllerKext since its not showing up for me

You used Unibeast? It can hide the system folder, there is a solution to find it. That is a bug in the new Unibeast that is annoying, this folder is where 90% of custom fixes need to be made.

Ok I manage to get there, but I don't see Find by it self, I only see replace and find

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 3.47.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 3.47.46 PM.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 171
Ok I got that to work, but now I have 5mb of vram and Final Cut pro still crashes, but now I need to enable graphics acceleration
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.03.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.03.30 PM.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.04.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.04.01 PM.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 270
You used Unibeast? It can hide the system folder, there is a solution to find it. That is a bug in the new Unibeast that is annoying, this folder is where 90% of custom fixes need to be made.
Ok I got it all done, but I still have 5mb any ideas what to to??? next

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.04.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.04.01 PM.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 168
Ok I got it all done, but I still have 5mb any ideas what to to??? next

Google IORegistryExplorer and run it. Save a "copy as" and then compress it and post it. This is strange, which brand and model is it?

Google IORegistryExplorer and run it. Save a "copy as" and then compress it and post it. This is strange, which brand and model is it?
Ok here it is thanks for the help Appreciate it GPU is the Gigabyte RX 460 4GB

Attachments

• Tek’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back