Contribute
Register

RX 460 with Native Sierra Support I Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Gigabyte RX 460 2gb " no 6 pin connector" is running "semi" native in OS Sierra Beta 7.
I picked up another RX 460 for testing today and just my luck the update to Beta 7 came along right after trying it out. Before, no acceleration after Beta 7 update it is supported in OS Sierra.

Update: I picked up a 4 g model and got some decent benchmarks. See post below. But the 4g model it's a winner!

Last edited:
Support is incomplete.

Support is incomplete.

I've got acceleration, only with the Gigabyte RX460, the XFX, Asus, and XFX (480) are black screen at boot with HDMI at card port. The Gigabyte hums up at boot and is being recognized and has the support in system info. Is it at peak levels? Meh, I got motion, acceleration, finally. This is the third 460 card I've bought over the last week or so. I just ran down and picked up another.

image.jpeg
Support is incomplete.

I ran it against my Asus, And XFX 460s and it works they don't. It's enough for me, for $125 i'll take it and return my other boards. Does your board have support?

image.jpeg Here are my Unigine benchmarks for the 4 gb RX460 /no 6 pin power connector.

image.jpeg

My RX 460 2 Gb card.

image.jpeg

The 2 gig model lags and has trouble finishing the benchmark. The 4g model is working like butter, for a $130 card.

That R460 might be a godsend for those who want to build Mini-ITX or micro-ATX systems but I'd be more interested in knowing if the R480, when thrown into a Mac Pro, will work, say, without the flashing of the 5770 being necessary.

That R460 might be a godsend for those who want to build Mini-ITX or micro-ATX systems but I'd be more interested in knowing if the R480, when thrown into a Mac Pro, will work, say, without the flashing of the 5770 being necessary.

Interesting you should say that, my XFX 460 sometimes gets recognized as a 4330m card in system info. I will definitely pick up a G brand RX 480 or 470 soon to try out, maybe the next update will show us more options.

Last edited:
Certainly won't be OOB since the device ID is still missing. OpenGL drivers are also still unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back