Contribute
Register

RX 460 with Native Sierra Support I Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx Will this work (OOTB) with a native macpro 5.1? (i know, Iknow the bootscreen isn't working) I don't have the integrated GFX, hence my question. 2nd question: does it support dual monitor? (1 via DP, 1 via HDMI or 2 via HDMI)

@Gigamaxx Will this work (OOTB) with a native macpro 5.1? (i know, Iknow the bootscreen isn't working) I don't have the integrated GFX, hence my question. 2nd question: does it support dual monitor? (1 via DP, 1 via HDMI or 2 via HDMI)

I know the RX 480 works on real Macs, it should work but I can't confirm as I don't have a Mac Pro (apple brand).

It will support two monitors but not at ultra high resolutions.

It will do 4K @30hz. That's it for the 480 in Sierra as far as I know.

Hi,

Is that so? I'm looking for a good ATI card to connect to my Samsung 4K Tv (using Club3D adapter through DP), but I'm worried about @60Hz issue. Which familiy should give me better options for 4K@60Hz? R7 3XX? R9 2XX?

Thanks in advance.

4K@60 should work on DP (or using an DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter). Native HDMI 2.0 will be more difficult (guess it's not possible).

Yeah, I'm aware of the (lack of) support for HDMI in real Macs, but I'm asking about using DP adapter, because with my current R7 360 (Sapphire) I'm only doing 4K@30Hz, even with SwitchResX...So, I'm thinking about returning R7 360 and trying RX 460 4Gb...

Thanks in advance.

i have this config:

Intel x5450 3.0GHz mod 771 to 775
Asrock G31M-S rev 2
2x2GB of DDR2 RAM
XFX RX 460 2GB

I can't install macOS Sierra with this GPU, aways black screen and restart. How can I use this GPU?

Ps: Sorry for my bad english.

Can you please reply, how did you get your gigabyte 460 4gb to work? I got one and I can't or don't know how to enable it, please reply

I only need to enable CPU graphics in Bios. You need IGPU graphics enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back