Contribute
Register

Request expert to help for Upgrade to Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise choice!, choice of legends!.
@craighazen
Thanks for that.
The GPU Card looks great, with 8GB ram.
Need to try it at Monterey with this RX580. Do you have any idea About the GPU and my Mobo For the Installation macOS Monterey ?
Might share?

Remove the Nvidia Web drivers first. Then shut down, uninstall the 750 Ti and then install the RX 580. That should be all it takes. As you know, the RX 580 is 100% natively supported.
@trs96
Understand and truly thanks for your info. Will try it if possible.
Do u a better guide or better way to download macOS Monterey and install with my Mobo and the RX580?
My final decision is to upgrade for Monterey.
Need some advice from expert.

Better than what ? Don't understand the question.
@trs96
Ops... apologized. Missed my typing.
Any better guide line for installation macOS Monterey with my Mobo and RX580?
I totally not well known the step, like download the Monterey, create usb and first boot. I lost :(

like download the Monterey, create usb and first boot
You'll just need to download Monterey and make the USB via createinstallmedia method.

Get monterey here: https://swcdn.apple.com/content/dow...nyju8nkv4wpaqtdmvzfogkcb/InstallAssistant.pkg

Then follow the createinstallmedia guide here. Use macOS Monterey Release: (not Beta)

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app --nointeraction

My "Mini-ITX 2" Skylake computer listed below uses a BioStar PowerColor AMD RX 560 graphics card on Monterey version 12.6.3 and works well. My computer case was not large enough for it, though, and I had to cut out the cover to allow its installation. It is the top computer in the upper pic below. That graphics card is adequate for gaming on a 17" display (1280 x 1024) but will be marginal for gaming on a 1920 x 1080 screen. Performance is shown on a 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor in the lower image.

View attachment 562905

View attachment 562906
Love the look of the old Mac case. (Aluminum or aluminium, take your choice.) That’s a PowerMac case, isn’t it? Totally bad-ass imho. (Mind you, I’m so old I actually programmed an Apple][ for a friend, around 1980.)

You really should find a more aesthetically compatible case for that hideous looking plastic monstrosity. If nothing else, spray paint it! As it looks now, that’s just wrong!

Love the look of the old Mac case. (Aluminum or aluminium, take your choice.) That’s a PowerMac case, isn’t it? Totally bad-ass imho. (Mind you, I’m so old I actually programmed an Apple][ for a friend, around 1980.)

You really should find a more aesthetically compatible case for that hideous looking plastic monstrosity. If nothing else, spray paint it! As it looks now, that’s just wrong!

Glad to have such a veteran on board! :)

Why not properly complete your hardware Profile so we can see what you're working with?

(And it's a part of the site Rules as someone has already pointed out.)

I always like the aluminium Mac Pros but a lot nowadays need serious restoration. The cases pop-up on Ebay and the like, just have to wait for a good one and your project can begin!

:)

I'm updating my profile now, as best I can. Is there no place for personal commentary? I wouldn't want to be mistakenly branded as an apple fanboy just because I own a bunch of Apple stuff. EEEEK! I figure if my 2015 (& older) Macs ever give out, I'll have little choice but to build a Hackintosh. (I had hoped my building days were over.) The stuff Apple is producing now...well...YUCK!!!

And regarding my hardware. There's no place to list upgrades? Yes, although they are Macs, I have upgraded them. (Had to when my SSD wore out. 4TB, at last my computer has enough internal storage–woohoo! And finding how easy and reliable it was, all the others got similar treatment. It's amazing how fast an old computer can run with an SSD instead of a hard drive.)

Last edited:
I'm updating my profile now, as best I can. Is there no place for personal commentary? I wouldn't want to be mistakenly branded as an apple fanboy just because I own a bunch of Apple stuff. EEEEK! I figure if my 2015 (& older) Macs ever give out, I'll have little choice but to build a Hackintosh. (I had hoped my building days were over.) The stuff Apple is producing now...well...YUCK!!!

And regarding my hardware. There's no place to list upgrades? Yes, although they are Macs, I have upgraded them. (Had to when my SSD wore out. 4TB, at last my computer has enough internal storage–woohoo! And finding how easy and reliable it was, all the others got similar treatment. It's amazing how fast an old computer can run with an SSD instead of a hard drive.)

No worries. We all upgrade at some time or other. You can also use the Signature space. My own Signature includes some of my old builds, while my current hardware is the Z590 you can see in the sidebar. This is so people can see at a glance what hardware you need help with.

As for Apple kit, check out your Account Details page, you can add all your Apple hardware there, as I did.

:)

--volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app --nointeraction
FWIW, in this Terminal command, everything following --volume /Volumes/USB can be ignored (i.e. not included). I guess that is because the USB drive (which is the target drive for the installer) has no "Applications" folder, so the remainder of the command is unnecessary. Anyway, the shorter version has always worked for me... YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back