Contribute
Register

Request expert to help for Upgrade to Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure anything to help out. I am currently running Monterey, did a fresh install of it when I moved away from Clover. Getting ready to prepare things for Ventura, but not really in a hurry.

Everything is in my signature. But here it is as well
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
i3 8100
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Corsair Renegade DDR4 2666 4x8GB

I am in the process of looking to upgrade the CPU to a i7-9700 and possible the graphics to a RX6600
Thanks for sharing your spec.
I might go for Sapphire RX 580.

Just double confirm that is RX 580 also able to work for native support?

Cuz I need time to learn the open core so will stay at high Sierra with RX580.
Pls let me know. Thanks

Last edited:
Just double confirm that is Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB also able to work for high-Sierra and native support?

Cuz I need time to learn the open core so will stay at high Sierra with RX580.
Pls let me know. Thanks
My RX 580 Nitro Plus works in Mojave but have not tested it in Monterey. My "Mini-ITX2" computer listed below is running Monterey under OpenCore 0.8.9 with a AMD Radeon RX 560 graphics card, which also works fine.

My RX 580 Nitro Plus works in Mojave but have not tested it in Monterey. My "Mini-ITX2" computer listed below is running Monterey under OpenCore 0.8.9 with a AMD Radeon RX 560 graphics card, which also works fine.
@wstrohm
Thanks for sharring again.
Decide to try with RX 580 for High-Sierra.
After well-known about the open core, will direct upgrade to macOS Monterey.

Hope this RX 580 GPU works well and native.

Last edited:
Hope this Sapphire RX 580 Pulse GPU works well and native as easier.
Guess it, should be all right? Am I right?
It should be good, since Apple includes graphics card drivers for AMD Polaris architecture in the MacOS, at least up through Monterey.

for AMD Polaris architecture in the MacOS, at least up through Monterey.
Polaris 20 has support through Ventura, just not Metal 3 support. The cards still work.

It should be good, since Apple includes graphics card drivers for AMD Polaris architecture in the MacOS, at least up through Monterey.
I found a GPU named XFX Radeon RX580. How about this card?
Works well and native for macOS Monterey?
Have you heard about this brand?

Works well and native for macOS Monterey?
There's no problems with this RX 580. Many people use it. There's no reason to keep asking us if AMD Polaris cards have native support. Buy it and try it out. You can always return it within 30 days.

@trs96
Yes. I got RX580.
What should I do to make this GPU RX580?

Last edited:
What should I do to make this GPU RX580 work best?

I am now using Nvidia GTX750Ti.
Remove the Nvidia Web drivers first. Then shut down, uninstall the 750 Ti and then install the RX 580. That should be all it takes. As you know, the RX 580 is 100% natively supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back