Contribute
Register

Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

My setup is now 10.8,4 running on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, 16 GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX 670 video card (not using HD4000 graphics and it's disabled in the BIOS), connected to Apple Cinema display via display-port to mini-display port adapter. My graphics performance is very choppy. All windows open with very choppy animation, when moving windows they don't move smoothly, and in some programs, like Safari, the menus act very strangely. I have never been able to boot with GraphicsEnabler=yes, so maybe that's the problem. But Core Image, Quartz, and Open CL are all working as far as I can tell. Luxmark works, and DVD player works, but I don't get the "ripple" when adding widgets.

I am curious if you fixed your problem?

I got my gigabyte GTX 650ti in the mail yesterday, followed a specific way that was listed to install the card and booted. My card is recognized by my system and the name is listed corretly. CUDA drivers installed no problem. I have played League of Ledgends to test the card and I get excellent fps. My problem is when I switch between spaces or enter mission control the screen gets extremely laggy. I wouldn't even use smooth to describe this when compared to my HD4000 which was the definition of smooth. Does anyone have any idea why my graphics would become laggy only using OSX functions and not during games?

I disabled onboard graphics and set graphics to PEG in BIOS. I am using HDMI as I have no way of testing any other connection at the moment.

So I bought this one and its still not working. Next step! Only I have no idea where to go.

I would try to borrow a small monitor with DVI and try it with a standard DVI cable. If that doesn't work then it's something in your config or BIOS, or a bad video card maybe. Are you sure you are supplying enough power to the card? It requires two 4-pin power connectors I think

I would try to borrow a small monitor with DVI and try it with a standard DVI cable. If that doesn't work then it's something in your config or BIOS, or a bad video card maybe. Are you sure you are supplying enough power to the card? It requires two 4-pin power connectors I think

I have a 600 watt psu. And 650 only needs one 4 pin

I even did did a clean install and it won't work with dp to mdp. Hdmi is fine.

Well mine is listed in he tonymacx86 also and It wont work

What I your BIOS settings for the graphics? I assume the machine boots or at least posts) and you can use the internal HD-4000 graphics card, but the 650 card doesn't work?

Try resetting BIOS to "optimized defaults" and then select PEG for "init display first", disable internal graphics, and set internal graphics memory size to minimum.

check here for BIOS settings:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

If still no go I would try the video card on another rig if possible, to determine whether you have a bad card or a bad mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back