Contribute
Register

Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

I have to say I am so happy about this support. My 460s were going through fermi freezes in 10.8.3, so I upgraded and replaced my main card with a 670. I have to say it is the best thing that has happened to my hack in a while. No freezes, and I can run my multiple monitor setup real easily. Now if only I could get facetime and skype to start playing nice with my C910 again that would be great.

Replying just to confirm this. Bought a brand new EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC today and it worked out of the box on a fresh install

Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 7.36.15 PM.png

Hey guys, I just ordered a new Gigabyte 1Gb 650ti card, right now I have the 550ti with DSDT edit and GE=No , my question is : do I have to remove the DSDT edits before I put in the new 650ti (while i'm still on 550ti) or can I modify the .aml after I switch the card, i'm on 10.8.2 now (thanks to the openGL timeout freeze issues with Fermi)

Also, what could happen if I put the GE=Yes with a kepler card ? is it the same as with the native support ?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello Guys, I recently got two Gigabyte 660,have put them in SLI , my mac is booting up with GE=No, Freezes before desktop (in apple logo) with GE=Yes. But one problem with GE=No is that i cant monitor gpu temp/fan etc.. in HWMonitor.

Code:
GeForceSensors (pci2@0): chipset: GK106 (NVE6) bios: 80.06.28.00
GeForceSensors (pci1@0): chipset: GK106 (NVE6) bios: 80.06.28.00
GeForceSensors (pci1@0): [Error] GPIO 16 unknown PWM: 0x00004000
GeForceSensors (pci1@0): started
GeForceSensors (pci2@0): [Error] GPIO 16 unknown PWM: 0x00000000
GeForceSensors (pci2@0): started
..............................................................................................................
NVDAStartup: Official
NVDAStartup: Official
..............................................................................................................
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered
X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=0
X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
X86PlatformPlugin::cgRegisterCallbackHandler - gpu internal PLimit notification already registered

Using Macmini6,2 smbois. Cards are recognized natively in System Monitor. Any idea how to get the GPU sensors working ?

With all due respect (to the title of this posting thread) ... No, nope, nada.

See my threads. A perfectly good 10.8.2 install as MacMini6,2: multibeasted, updated to 10.8.3/re-installed & multibeasted, and working for month or two.
Add a gtx 650 and BOOM: no booty

GraphicsEnabler=No

Maybe the answer is: "GeForce 6xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=no ... AND a complete and total reinstall. eh?

Add a gtx 650 and BOOM: no booty
Diid you disable HD4000 graphics when you added the 650?
The BIOS settings are different for HD4000 only (GE=Yes), Nvidia 6xx only (BIOS/GE=No) and both HD4000 and Nvidia 6xxx (BIOS/dsdt edits and GE=No).

I have a GT 610 and the screen goes black after unibeast finishes the boot to the install process.

Is a 610 not supported? Or do I need some special settings. I already tried PCIRootUID=1 and 0 with no changes

I tried searching for 610 with no luck. Always get 0 results.

My setup is now 10.8,4 running on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, 16 GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX 670 video card (not using HD4000 graphics and it's disabled in the BIOS), connected to Apple Cinema display via display-port to mini-display port adapter. My graphics performance is very choppy. All windows open with very choppy animation, when moving windows they don't move smoothly, and in some programs, like Safari, the menus act very strangely. I have never been able to boot with GraphicsEnabler=yes, so maybe that's the problem. But Core Image, Quartz, and Open CL are all working as far as I can tell. Luxmark works, and DVD player works, but I don't get the "ripple" when adding widgets.

I think my graphics were working OK until I applied the >2GB patch from Multibeast in OS 10.8.3. I used the combo updater to update to 10.8.4, and I thought that would get me back to the stock drivers, but it didn't. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info!

I have a question about the nvidia gt 610. Im planning to order a galaxy nvidia gt 610 or a zotac gt 610 for my build.
The galaxy has 2 gb of gddr3 and the zotac has 1 gb of ddr3. Would both of these card brands work oob for 10.8.4 or does the card
brand have to be a different brand?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back