Contribute
Register

Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I your BIOS settings for the graphics? I assume the machine boots or at least posts) and you can use the internal HD-4000 graphics card, but the 650 card doesn't work?

Try resetting BIOS to "optimized defaults" and then select PEG for "init display first", disable internal graphics, and set internal graphics memory size to minimum.

check here for BIOS settings:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

If still no go I would try the video card on another rig if possible, to determine whether you have a bad card or a bad mobo.

I got a new card and its not that... still testing it... will report for what I found.

DUDE! I did what you recommended here after a long day of trying everything else and it worked for me! I am using an Nvidia GTX770 and now I'm in ML 10.8 rockin and rollin! Thank you!

Just adding information if anyone has a similar build/software update to mine they will be sweet if using a GTX EVGA 780 Classified.

It was simply a matter of plug and play and nothing else was required. Instant recognition in OSX and works a treat.

Just make sure you do use GraphicsEnabler=No.

No need for additional edits or kexts or whatever.

Hi all !

I noticed an issue switching from Radeon 5970 to GTX 780.

I'm unable to remote desktop with native ARD server. VNC mode or ARD mode does not change anything.

I saw a post from TurbineSeaplane that has the same board (GTX 780) and have the same issue.

Is someone can report remote desktop working with this chip ?

Any idea to solve this ?

Thanks for reading !

Attachments

• ScreensharingAgent_2013-09-15-103917_MacPro.txt
    34.9 KB · Views: 225
stupid question.. if i'll buy this

http://www.zotac.com/products/graph...30/detail/geforce-gt-630-zone-edition-11.html

does it will work out of the bix without any kext replace / chameleon injunction?

it's a kepler design.. it has a 25W of power consuption.. with 380 cuda cores! it's perfect for my zotac ion itx-pe to have a perfect gpu acceleration

any idea? any feedback?

You have a Graphics card fitted at the moment. To replace that card with another card may not be "Out of the Box" compatibility. What settings did you use for the Sapphire HD6450? If all you used was GraphicsEnabler=Yes and you are running 10.8.4+ then it should be a simple changeover.

Adrian B

You have a Graphics card fitted at the moment. To replace that card with another card may not be "Out of the Box" compatibility. What settings did you use for the Sapphire HD6450? If all you used was GraphicsEnabler=Yes and you are running 10.8.4+ then it should be a simple changeover.

Adrian B

i'm using this sapphire hd6450 512mb with GE yes (if no, no fullhd output), with enoch (chameleon base) injunction of framebuffer and ports, with KEXT REPLACE.. expecialy, if i'd want to boot the osx installer i have to delete ATI6000controller.kext and put ge=No, or it will not boot in the installation..
in the normal usage, i have to put setting that you saw up on here, and sure, i have to rewrite the kext with the old ATI6000controller

all ok till 10.8.5 witch it freezes my pc.. i changed ALL graph text with the 10.8.4 and now i'm on 10.8.5.. but i spent hours to find that bug, and sure, 100GB of my samsung 830 SSD :p

so, i prefere to have a full out of the box card witch doesen't need any kext replace, even with maverick, since i don't have a fast pc (i'm on zotac ion itx p-e with cpu @1.88ghz and 4gb ddr3 @ 1250mhz) and i'd want to install maverick witch has some good features to decrease the load of the cpu.. and sure.. the cuda cores could be usefull for me, better hardware acceleration than HD6450

so, for me it could be a good upgrade if i buy the gt630 with kepler arch.. but i have to know if it works out of the box.. i don't want to replace kext everytime i have to upgrade the osx

btw, my mobo has the ion chipset with the 9400m graph card.. it's the same chipset as the mac mini 2009.. the cpu is a classical core2duo, it means i need only one fakesmc and 1 kext injection for the SSD using by a minipci-e sata3 card
so, the only thing witch create issues on my desktop is the graph card.. and i don't want to come back to the 9400m, it uses the ram as vram, and it's slower than hd6450

thanks for fast answer!!

The safest thing to do here - and remember you are not running with Mac hardware, its PC hardware running OS X with MultiBeast. Even real mac users can have problems - just look at the Apple Boards for confirmation there.

First perform a back up of your SSD drive either onto a second SSD or HDD : http://www.tonymacx86.com/173-backup-solutions-your-mac-customac.html
Then reapply Chimera (the boot loader in MultiBeast) and replace the SSD with the backup drive. Now perform the graphics card swap - if you run into problems then you can at least revert back to a known working system.

Trying to change graphics cards without a backup drive in any installation is asking for trouble, no matter how easy and painless it should be, there will aways be times where something goes pear shaped. It never happens at a convenient time either. Just be prepared, minimise possible problems in advance.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back