Contribute
Register

Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

I have a question about the nvidia gt 610. Im planning to order a galaxy nvidia gt 610 or a zotac gt 610 for my build.
The galaxy has 2 gb of gddr3 and the zotac has 1 gb of ddr3. Would both of these card brands work oob for 10.8.4 or does the card
brand have to be a different brand?
Thanks

Whether an Nvidia GPU is branded as Zotac or Galaxay (or any other brand does not matter), they all function in the same way.

Use the bootflag Graphics Enabler=No as described at the start of this thread.

Adrian B

okay thanks for the quick reply!

Be careful, not all video cards will work. I bought a Galaxy GT 610 61TGF4AM5UNX for $20 on rebate. It turned out to not work as it was a special edition 4-monitor with a pair of special DMS59 connectors that allows a pigtail with 2 DVI connectors on each pugtail.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162114

You may want to post the exact model number of cards when requesting compatibility.

With all due respect (to the title of this posting thread) ... No, nope, nada.

See my threads. A perfectly good 10.8.2 install as MacMini6,2: multibeasted, updated to 10.8.3/re-installed & multibeasted, and working for month or two.
Add a gtx 650 and BOOM: no booty

GraphicsEnabler=No

Maybe the answer is: "GeForce 6xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=no ... AND a complete and total reinstall. eh?

Fresh install 10.8.4 Galaxy GTX 670 GraphicsEnabler=No

I can't get this card to do ANYTHING... even tried the Nvidia drivers and nothing

Someone please help

I have been searching all day for an answer on the forms and can't seem to find the right answer. I have an Gigabyte 650 Ti Boost. When using it with an Apple Cinema Display , there is no output. When using it with HDMi on my tv, there is output and works just fine.

Version - 10.8.4
Nvidia drives are installed
Previous GPU - HD 6780
Apple Cinema Display is MDP

I have been searching all day for an answer on the forms and can't seem to find the right answer. I have an Gigabyte 650 Ti Boost. When using it with an Apple Cinema Display , there is no output. When using it with HDMi on my tv, there is output and works just fine.

Which kind of Cinema Display? The kind with thunderbolt cable, or the kind with mini-display-port cable? I have the latter and it works via mini-display port to display port adapter to GTX 670 card. I have also heard it will work with DVI to mini-display port adapter. But the thunderbolt model may not work.

its a 2009 ACD with mini displayport. I may go that route. How do I check if its the port is bad?

what adapter are you using for your dvi to mini DP?

what adapter are you using for your dvi to mini DP?

I'm not using DVI output. I'm using display port to mini display port adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-ADA-MDP-2-DPF-Mini-displayport-Displayport-Adapter/dp/B0044TMIWG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373668905&sr=8-4&keywords=gefen+display+port+to+mini+display+port

DVI to mini-display port may work, but I haven't tried it.

Make sure to set BIOS to PEG display ONLY

How are you using that? My cord on the ACD is male. You said you had an 09 ACD. Can you take a pic of your plug setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back