Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
<<I've successfully booted Ubuntu (installed Ubuntu in UEFI mode) from Clover.>>

RehabMan: Can you tell me where you installed grub? So far, my attempt to install OS X and Ubuntu on the same SSD has been unsuccessful. El Capitan boots just fine, but not Ubuntu. I see the Ubuntu UEFI icon on Clover's boot screen, but nothing happens when I click it. Just a tiny blinking cursor on a black screen. Also, when I look in the EFI partition, I see the Ubuntu folder of executables, but I'm not sure why Clover isn't using them. Am going to reformat the ext4 partition and re-install, but I just want to know where I should direct the installer to install grub. Help?

<<I've successfully booted Ubuntu (installed Ubuntu in UEFI mode) from Clover.>>

RehabMan: Can you tell me where you installed grub? So far, my attempt to install OS X and Ubuntu on the same SSD has been unsuccessful. El Capitan boots just fine, but not Ubuntu. I see the Ubuntu UEFI icon on Clover's boot screen, but nothing happens when I click it. Just a tiny blinking cursor on a black screen. Also, when I look in the EFI partition, I see the Ubuntu folder of executables, but I'm not sure why Clover isn't using them. Am going to reformat the ext4 partition and re-install, but I just want to know where I should direct the installer to install grub. Help?

It is been a while since I installed Linux (I have no need). But if I remember correctly, I installed grub to the Linux partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back