Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After a malfunction of my motherboard (Designare z390) I have to buy a new one. I would like to buy a more updated one (up to €250). I would like to ask for recommendations.

I have seen this Black Friday offer on Amazon (Spain) for €224 that seems interesting. It's a good option?

I have doubts if the built-in Wi-Fi will work. Thank you!

Have a read of the threads regarding similar Z790 boards in the User Builds forum, for an idea of what to expect.

Of course you'll need a new CPU and new DDR5 RAM with that, for much more than 250 E in total—which raises the question whether it is still worth building a hackintosh rather buying a real Mac (Apple refurbished?).

Intel WiFi may work, without Continuity.

Of course you'll need a new CPU and new DDR5 RAM with that, for much more than 250 E in total—which raises the question whether it is still worth building a hackintosh rather buying a real Mac (Apple refurbished?).

Intel WiFi may work, without Continuity.
Good point, thank you. So, modern chipsets are incompatible with my 9th generation i7 and my DDR4 RAM, right?

Good point, thank you. So, modern chipsets are incompatible with my 9th generation i7 and my DDR4 RAM, right?

Anything 10th gen or later - Yes. Though some later models do still support the DDR4 RAM but not the cpu.

If you wish to keep your 9th gen cpu then Coffee Lake motherboards are hard to find. Ebay or similar maybe?

DDR4 RAM can still be used with 10th/11th generation boards and some 12th/13th, but your LGA1151-2 CPU is stuck with 300-series chipsets. If 250 E is your total budget to recover from the damage to your Z390 Designare motherboard look for Z370 or Z390 motherboards (Q370 is also a possibility if you want to buy new).

DDR4 RAM can still be used with 10th/11th generation boards and some 12th/13th, but your LGA1151-2 CPU is stuck with 300-series chipsets. If 250 E is your total budget to recover from the damage to your Z390 Designare motherboard look for Z370 or Z390 motherboards (Q370 is also a possibility if you want to buy new).
Thank you for the info. I'm considering purchasing an Apple macStudio, as you suggested. And maybe, more calmly, I will find a second-hand motherboard, as Edhawk suggested, to resurrect the one I have now. I'm very sad because I'm now seeing the end of Hackintosh.

The MSI Z390 board I linked on Amazon wasn’t secondhand, it should be new ‘old’ stock.

It is secondhand, my apologies.

Last edited:
it should be new ‘old’ stock.
For some reason older versions of EOL chipsets cost more as they get older. 321 quid. Seems pretty high.
Screen Shot 11.jpg

The one @Edhawk linked previously must have sold already.

Looks like the best prices on new Z390 boards are on Ebay.com

This Asus Z390 board looks like the best option for a new Z390 on Ebay.com.

Last edited:
Back